Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Remaining 2021 Season Predictions

Sitting at 2-2

I hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am. But at this point, they finish the season with 4 wins.  What say you. 

UPDATED after PSU game:
Sitting at 2-3

I said on this board the current record isn't a surprise to me.  1-4 wouldn't have been a surprise to me as well.  Having said that all losses are to legitimate CFP contenders. The Iowa-Maryland game gives me hope that they might win an extra game I wasn't counting.  So that puts them at 5 wins.  

UPDATED after MSU game:
Sitting at 2-4

Same issues.  All of it being front 5 related.  Going back to predicting 4 wins this season.  But that's being generous.  All of IUFBs losses are to legitimate CFP contenders.  Another top 5 school this Saturday.

UPDATED after OSU game:
Sitting at 2-5

No real update here.  Still predicting 4 wins total.  

UPDATED after Maryland game:
Sitting at 2-6

No real update here.  Still predicting 4 wins total.  

UPDATED after Michigan game:
Sitting at 2-7

I'm not sure they win another game.  This weekend against Rutgers is probably their best chance to get a W.  

UPDATED after Rutgers game:
Sitting at 2-8

They're not winning another game.  

UPDATED after Minnesota game:
Sitting at 2-9

Losing the bucket game. 

We have eight games left and need four wins. Of those eight, I feel confident about one, up in the air about three, and not confident about four. I don’t think I see four wins on our remaining schedule. Rutgers/Maryland/Purdue are all winnable, but I think we’ll lose at least one of those. MSU is the most winnable of the four I don’t feel good about. There’s a path to six wins but we’d need to play much better than we have thus far. 

Either way, it’s really disappointing that we’re once again just hoping to get to six wins after all the offseason hype. I predict we finish 5-7. 

For what it's worth, ESPN's FPI has Indiana finishing just under 5 win's this season with the most likely wins coming against Minnesota & Rutger at home.

I still think we find a way to get to 6-6 w/winnable games still on the slate against Sparty (h), Rutger, (h) Maryland (r), Minney (h), Purdue (r), and dare I say Michigan (r)...

192719786_ScreenShot2021-09-26at10_24_59AM.thumb.png.9043dc5292d0c01052d851757c916587.png

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

6-6

Purdue, Minny, and two close ones between MSU, Rutgers, Maryland, and one surprise close one. We win two of those four.

God bless Charles Campbell!

Based on what I have seen so far, I think 6-6 is probably the ceiling this season. Campbell is the wild card. A weapon like that can be the difference maker in close games. Last night would have been a loss without him.

What?   Over!?  Did you say over?   Nothing is over until we decide it is!  Was it over when Lee Corso had the team picture at OSU while IU was ahead?

Well, never mind that.  It ain't over because IU is getting better and better.

Who's with me?  Come on!    .......

What the heck happened to the IU fans I used to know?  Where's the spirit?

This could be the best season in our football fan lives but you are letting it be the worst.  This requires a stupid and futile prediction by yours truly.

Penn State...dead.

MSU...dead.

OSU...dead.

Maryland...dead.

Michigan...dead.

Rutgers...dead.

IU 10 - 2

22 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

For what it's worth, ESPN's FPI has Indiana finishing just under 5 win's this season with the most likely wins coming against Minnesota & Rutger at home.

I still think we find a way to get to 6-6 w/winnable games still on the slate against Sparty (h), Rutger, (h) Maryland (r), Minney (h), Purdue (h), and dare I say Michigan (h)...

192719786_ScreenShot2021-09-26at10_24_59AM.thumb.png.9043dc5292d0c01052d851757c916587.png

Michigan and Purdue are road games. ... We'll get crushed at Michigan. Purdue's a close call. Had we played them at home last year like we were supposed to, we'd have won by at least three TDs. 

38 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

What?   Over!?  Did you say over?   Nothing is over until we decide it is!  Was it over when Lee Corso had the team picture at OSU while IU was ahead?

This could be the best season in our football fan lives but you are letting it be the worst.  This requires a stupid and futile prediction by yours truly.

Penn State...dead.

MSU...dead.

OSU...dead.

Maryland...dead.

Michigan...dead.

Rutgers...dead.

IU 10 - 2

Dave I will follow you into the fire any day. 

51 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Penn State...dead.

MSU...dead.

OSU...dead.

Maryland...dead.

Michigan...dead.

Rutgers...dead.

IU 10 - 2

The best part about this scenario is that we've become so dominant that it appears Minnesota didn't even bother to come to B-town and Purdue let us know not to bother coming up there, both just handing us the wins. I'm on board. 

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Penn State...dead.

MSU...dead.

OSU...dead.

Maryland...dead.

Michigan...dead.

Rutgers...dead.

IU 10 - 2

Ummm...it's IU football.   The living sports embodiment of Murphy's Law.

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Michigan and Purdue are road games. ... We'll get crushed at Michigan. Purdue's a close call. Had we played them at home last year like we were supposed to, we'd have won by at least three TDs. 

Great catch, fat-fingered the home/away entries for those two thanks!

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm...it's IU football.   The living sports embodiment of Murphy's Law.

Murphy may have had a little to do with IU football since 1969 and Hep years until now.  But, it may also have to do with Corso, the administration, the B1G, the B1G East, and demographics.  

Corso, for example, was roomate of Burt Reynolds at LSU.  That should explain some of the brain damage.

Demographics are hugely against IU and Purdue.  Lower population in Indiana as say compared to Ohio.  In Indiana we are competing with Notre Dame, Purdue and Northwestern, Illinois, Michigan and MSU...not to mention Ohio State that has a virtual B1G monopoly in a more populous state...Ohio.  

The administration, the B1G and the B1G East tilted the playing field...and, in many ways, still do. 

I remember living in Briscoe and then 4 years later after military service in McNutt and partying with some of the football team.  When a bunch of us rented on 11th street the football team friends stopped by sometimes for a keg or three and a breather. Think IU won 4 home games in 3 years....but my memory of those games is sketchy...

At Penn State- L, by like 30

Michigan State- L, Walker rushes for 250+

Ohio State- L, Stroud rest in the 4th

At Maryland- L

At Michigan- L, we will stay with them and be let down like normal against Michigan

Rutgers- L

Minnesota- L, we will think we can win because they did lose to Bowling Green right? And then lose because we overlooked them for the Purdont game

At Purdue- L, this team has as much swagger and energy as a dead body. West Lafayette will eat this team alive with fans finally being there

A very very sad season that'll hopefully lead to Tom Allen understanding that the OC and DC are absolutely atrocious and pathetic jokes. 

3 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Murphy may have had a little to do with IU football since 1969 and Hep years until now.  But, it may also have to do with Corso, the administration, the B1G, the B1G East, and demographics.  

Corso, for example, was roomate of Burt Reynolds at LSU.  That should explain some of the brain damage.

Demographics are hugely against IU and Purdue.  Lower population in Indiana as say compared to Ohio.  In Indiana we are competing with Notre Dame, Purdue and Northwestern, Illinois, Michigan and MSU...not to mention Ohio State that has a virtual B1G monopoly in a more populous state...Ohio.  

The administration, the B1G and the B1G East tilted the playing field...and, in many ways, still do. 

I remember living in Briscoe and then 4 years later after military service in McNutt and partying with some of the football team.  When a bunch of us rented on 11th street the football team friends stopped by sometimes for a keg or three and a breather. Think IU won 4 home games in 3 years....but my memory of those games is sketchy...

Corso and Burt attended FSU.  I'm sure you fat fingered that typo.  :)

Edited by rayl456