Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

22 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I not so sure that Ware, Mgbako, and Reneau aren't all 40/60 to 60/40 chances of staying. And a lineup with two of Mack, Malik, and Mack, + Queen, McNeeley, and Gallo would be quite a sight if they could defend a little. The offensive potential would be special.

I have no inside info but I would be absolutely shocked if Ware is in an IU uniform next year. Most mocks have him as a top 20 pick right now.

Malik isn’t going to the nba this year so we just gotta make sure the big fella is happy and well compensated.

mgbako is interesting because I think he would benefit from staying but also seems like he wants to get to the league as fast as possible.

I have no inside info but I would be absolutely shocked if Ware is in an IU uniform next year. Most mocks have him as a top 20 pick right now.

Malik isn’t going to the nba this year so we just gotta make sure the big fella is happy and well compensated.

mgbako is interesting because I think he would benefit from staying but also seems like he wants to get to the league as fast as possible.

That’s how I see it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

19 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Why do people keep thinking Gunn and Sparks will be good bench players.  I’m not even sold on Banks either

There are bench players that are the first and second subs into the game, who are often near starting quality that are pushed to the bench due to fit or need for development. Then there are bench players that are farther back in the rotation, who are often either inconsistent or situational players. 

Sparks is a near ideal example of the latter. He really wants to be here, he plays really hard, and, most importantly, he provides a big strong body, that will be needed in conference play. Right now, he's here to primarily provide a big body to throw at the big goons in the BIG and other games where that is necessary. With another off season to develop he may be able to provide more in more situations but even if that is not the case, he will still be a player with a role to play. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

MVA. 73-59 win.    12p.  8r.   La.  Os.  Ob.  6t.           5-9.    No 3s.    2-2

1 of the refs was not a Queen fan. Called him for 2 hooks. Never seen that before. The 1st was pretty obvious. The 2nd one was a typical spin move and pretty cheap. 

So I read on 247 that Derik was at Maryland today for an unofficial.

Maryland will host its top recruiting target, five-star center Derik Queen, for an unofficial visit today, sources told IMS.

Queen, who is back home in Baltimore for winter break, will attend the game against Coppin State along with five-star 2025 point guard Tyler Jackson, his former teammate at St. Frances Academy, who's taking his second unofficial to Maryland in the past month. I'm also told Queen's mother, who has attended a few Maryland games by herself this season with their sonat school in Florida, will also be attending.

Edited by Cd71

19 minutes ago, Cd71 said:

So I read on 247 that Derik was at Maryland today for an unofficial.

Maryland will host its top recruiting target, five-star center Derik Queen, for an unofficial visit today, sources told IMS.

Queen, who is back home in Baltimore for winter break, will attend the game against Coppin State along with five-star 2025 point guard Tyler Jackson, his former teammate at St. Frances Academy, who's taking his second unofficial to Maryland in the past month. I'm also told Queen's mother, who has attended a few Maryland games by herself this season with their sonat school in Florida, will also be attending.

As for the game he will see?

Coppin State is next level horribly bad; 1-12 with a long list of 40+ point losses.

However, the game atmosphere, compounded by the students being gone? It should be like a mausoleum in that gym tonight.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Mom attending several games by herself doesn’t sound good to me. 

Exactly!!  Her attending Maryland games means she is interested in Maryland basketball and is a big influence on where he goes!

11 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Exactly!!  Her attending Maryland games means she is interested in Maryland basketball and is a big influence on where he goes!

Wasn’t the rumor his mom and aau coach favored IU but dad pushing Maryland?

Trilly's Off The Burner - 

VJ Edgecombe and Derik Queen are nearing decisions.

Two of the highest rated prospects left in the 2024 class are likely to announce their decisions at the upcoming HoopHall Classic, multiple sources say.

VJ Edgecombe is deciding between Baylor, Duke and Kentucky. Queen is deciding between Indiana and Maryland.

As of writing, none of the teams involved in either recruitment have been informed of a decision. In recent days I’ve had sources tell me Duke is the team to beat for Edgecombe and Queen is still undecided.