Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

Definitely need to keep Ware on the first round draft lists and the higher the better.  Side comment that for all the talk of wanting Woody gone.  If he goes IMO we never land DQ and Liam likely asks for his release.

So what. Why would you keep a bad coach just to land two players? You have to think long term

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament (MAIT) runs Thursday thru Saturday of this week.  All games will be streamed on the NBA app.

1. Thursday at 1:00:  Calvary Christian (FL) vs. Brewster Academy
  2. Thursday at 3:00:  Riviera Prep (FL) vs Prolific Prep
  3. Thursday at 5:00:  Oak Ridge (FL) with Jamier Jones vs The Rock (FL)
  4. Thursday at 7:00:  MVA vs. Imani Christian (PA)

Winners play on Friday with times TBA.  Championship game on Saturday TBA

Soft touch and the free throw numbers help to indicate his skill level.  Love bigs that can hit FTs.  TJD got a lot better over time.  But struggled for awhile. Ware and Reneau are a little better than their percentages right now I think, but you are what the stats say you are. 

Take it for what it is worth - nothing haha 
Have continued to hear same thing. It has been IU since the smoke in Dec. He wants to be sure Ware is still tracking to leave. Which every updated mock says he should and will. 
someone hear different, all ears. 
Now, until he says yes, we continue to suck, etc. sure that causes a question or 2 but don’t think it matters much at all. Fans think guys care about current performance more than they do. Star players always feel they will be the difference. Look at Rutgers etc. It is other factors at play. 
So as we are debating next year rosters etc. maybe give this one a little more viability. Yes, doesn’t fix guards but gives you a chance to focus on guards in portal. 
Not going to get my hopes up we also thought we had fland in the bag until we didn't.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Not going to get my hopes up we also thought we had fland in the bag until we didn't.

People forget that 17-18-year-olds sometimes don't know what they're doing until the day of decision time. I've heard Queen is IU forever also but until it's announced you never know. As Boogie said it was IU on Monday, UK on Friday

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

People forget that 17-18-year-olds sometimes don't know what they're doing until the day of decision time. I've heard Queen is IU forever also but until it's announced you never know. As Boogie said it was IU on Monday, UK on Friday

We’ve got to be the national champions of this type of occurrence. Having a stud coach/player in the bag until it’s time to put pen to paper.

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

We’ve got to be the national champions of this type of occurrence. Having a stud coach/player in the bag until it’s time to put pen to paper.

We've had a couple go our way. Jarad Jefferies went to bed going to Duke, and woke up going to IU. I'm sure there is more. But I agree we've been on the short end of the stick more times than not

20 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Woo-hoo, we're #1! 

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

We've had a couple go our way. Jarad Jefferies went to bed going to Duke, and woke up going to IU. I'm sure there is more. But I agree we've been on the short end of the stick more times than not

James Blackmon Jr said he was Kentucky until he picked IU's hat.