Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

If I'm him...I'd invite Kansas and Houston back to the table haha. 

With that said, still really hope we land this kid. The delay in setting an announcement date is concerning, but some have hinted he is waiting to make sure Ware goes pro. 

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

With that said, still really hope we land this kid. The delay in setting an announcement date is concerning, but some have hinted he is waiting to make sure Ware goes pro. 

I don’t pretend to know what’s best for him personally but looking at all things basketball, Houston seems like a no brainer for a guy like him.  He will compete for a championship at those places. No chance to contend at IU or Maryland. 

24 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I don’t pretend to know what’s best for him personally but looking at all things basketball, Houston seems like a no brainer for a guy like him.  He will compete for a championship at those places. No chance to contend at IU or Maryland. 

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that competing for a college championship is all that important to high school players who haven't played a single college game.  If I'm an elite player, #1-3 are NIL, how well I fit to up my draft stock, and how I fit into the rotaiton.

2 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Saw him in an interview and it's reasonably clear he's waiting to see what rosters look like next year.  If Ware goes NBA we probably have a shot, unless the roster implodes.  

46 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that competing for a college championship is all that important to high school players who haven't played a single college game.  If I'm an elite player, #1-3 are NIL, how well I fit to up my draft stock, and how I fit into the rotaiton.

Which is why you're not an elite player.  :)  

These guys are competitive.  They want to play the best and beat the best.  Sure they care about NIL, Draft and rotations.  But, if they have opportunities to play for a perennial final 4 type team, many will include that as a primary factor.   

Kansas and Houston “are” back in the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Which is why you're not an elite player.  :)  

These guys are competitive.  They want to play the best and beat the best.  Sure they care about NIL, Draft and rotations.  But, if they have opportunities to play for a perennial final 4 type team, many will include that as a primary factor.   

Oregon, USC, Louisville, Indiana, Colorado, and Stanford all picked up 5 star recruits this past season.  Oregon and USC picked up multiple five stars. I believe 2002 was the last time any of them were in the final four.  Four of those teams didn't even make the NCAA tournament last season.

The Montverde Academy boys' basketball teams' quest for a perfect season remained in tact as the Eagles cruised passed Whitehaven High School 96-52 on day one of the Winter Classic in Memphis, Tennessee on Friday night.

MVA improved to 25-0 overall this season.

The Eagles led from start to finish, outscored the opponent 66-20 on points in the paint and held a 35-15 advantage on fastbreak points.

MVA held a 33-9 lead after the first quarter, and the Eagles were up 55-27 by halftime.

The Eagles shot an amazing 66.1 percent (39-for-59) from the floor, and MVA was credited with 29 assists as a team.

Derik Queen had team-highs 23 points and nine rebounds in the win, while Liam McNeeley added 19 points and five assists.

MVA defeated Bartlett High School 80-55 to improve to 26-0 on the season.  All five starters scored in double figures, and the Eagles were led by Robert Wright with 19 points, followed by Liam McNeeley with 16. Curtis Givens and Cooper Flagg added 14 each, followed by Derik Queen with 13.

Just about every game summary seems to be a blow out win.  Clearly the MVA guys we have gotten have been better than other recruits we have gotten but are they really playing better competition?  Sure some of these other teams have a good player too but are they great teams?  

27 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Just about every game summary seems to be a blow out win.  Clearly the MVA guys we have gotten have been better than other recruits we have gotten but are they really playing better competition?  Sure some of these other teams have a good player too but are they great teams?  

Didn’t they just beat the #1 team in the country?

23 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

No doubt there are some cupcakes but overall, the EYBL Scholastic League is the creme de la creme of basketball factory basketball.  Almost all of the teams in that league have multiple players who will eventually play at the D1 level.  

This link will give you the teams that are members.

https://nikeeyblscholastic.com/stats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2023

If you've never watched a MVA game, please do so.  Plenty out there to pick from.  They play fantastic team basketball and it's a joy to watch their ball movement on offense and the screening and cutting they do.  No egos either.  Game I watched earlier today, Liam had open 3s and he passed to teammates who didn't have any better shot than the ones he passed up and he still scored 16 pts.  On defense, they've all got really active hands and know how to switch or fight through screens.  Extremely well coached.  

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No doubt there are some cupcakes but overall, the EYBL Scholastic League is the creme de la creme of basketball factory basketball.  Almost all of the teams in that league have multiple players who will eventually play at the D1 level.  

This link will give you the teams that are members.

https://nikeeyblscholastic.com/stats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2023

If you've never watched a MVA game, please do so.  Plenty out there to pick from.  They play fantastic team basketball and it's a joy to watch their ball movement on offense and the screening and cutting they do.  No egos either.  Game I watched earlier today, Liam had open 3s and he passed to teammates who didn't have any better shot than the ones he passed up and he still scored 16 pts.  On defense, they've all got really active hands and know how to switch or fight through screens.  Extremely well coached.  

Not complaining about getting a kid or multiple kids from MVA but if you look at their 26 wins, they won 20 by 20+ points.  I know that league is considered the best but was just surprised that so many games are not close.