Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I know DQ's HQ are in Bloomington, MN. Is that all that people are going off of?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We can always revert back to Marc Cuban follows. Who doesn’t like DairyQueen

18 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Does that mean he flipped to, flipped away or something else 

He flipped from Maryland to IU for like 20 mins and then took it down.   According to their premium board they got info the coaches had been informed of decision so he changed it to IU later he decided that the info wasn’t concrete so he took it down.    Sounds like Hoops Hall Jan 11-14 is a possible decision date 

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

This whole thing is hurting my head. How in the world did people take a gif of a 1980's DQ commercial as "very good news" for IU? Seriously, does anyone have the mental capacity to sort that out for me?

No clue. I just took to mean that he heard some news related to Derik Queen but didn't see anything IU specific that isn't a major stretch.

11 hours ago, rcs29 said:

This whole thing is hurting my head. How in the world did people take a gif of a 1980's DQ commercial as "very good news" for IU? Seriously, does anyone have the mental capacity to sort that out for me?

People are jumping to conclusions a bit but based on the timeline and recent events, I think there are reasons for optimism. If I were a Maryland fan and Queen sets a commitment date relatively soon, I certainly wouldn't feel very good about my chances. 

4 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

People are jumping to conclusions a bit but based on the timeline and recent events, I think there are reasons for optimism. If I were a Maryland fan and Queen sets a commitment date relatively soon, I certainly wouldn't feel very good about my chances. 

I remember seeing stuff a few weeks ago saying that if Queen didn’t commit during the early signing period back in November, it would be a mark of death for Maryland. Since their 247 guy said the longer this goes the more likely he goes somewhere else than Maryland I think.

It's stranger things. Trilly is the kiss of death for iu.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

He flipped from Maryland to IU for like 20 mins and then took it down.   According to their premium board they got info the coaches had been informed of decision so he changed it to IU later he decided that the info wasn’t concrete so he took it down.    Sounds like Hoops Hall Jan 11-14 is a possible decision date 
So it's like fland to iu until it isnt

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

What if the commitment date is for January 11-15? On ESPN. That is what Rabby reported last night. Not definite but that's the guess. Still looks to be IU-Maryland

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Yes Maryland fans are putting up the white flag. A lot of their posters have heard rumors that Queen has told coaches he's coming to IU but it's just rumors at this point

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes Maryland fans are putting up the white flag. A lot of their posters have heard rumors that Queen has told coaches he's coming to IU but it's just rumors at this point

Not sure I buy that. If you're telling coaches where you're going there's no reason to not set an official announcement date at least.

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Not sure I buy that. If you're telling coaches where you're going there's no reason to not set an official announcement date at least.

What if there’s no announcement date?  Just a Tipton edit?

13 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Well, it happens. A lot.