Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Coach Ya filling in for Woody on the radio show last night:

On Liam McNeeley: “We love Florida down there. Florida’s been good to us. Liam is an Indiana guy. … Hopefully he can bring one of his teammates here. Can’t say his name right now, that’ll be great, too. We’re just trying to continue to get good players and get that championship that Indiana has been thirsty for the last couple years...”

————————————-

”That’ll be great too” is a far better phrasing than “That’d be great too.”

I read this too.  My thought was he was hinting that once he commits, they will be able to say his name.

37 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Not sure how plugged in Rob Cassidy is but he posted on another site a bit ago that Queen's team is targeting an event in early January that Montverde will be playing in for his announcement.

image.jpeg.0086ed4b28bd6add07ce3bfc8f61c0b4.jpeg

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Queen has not said jack. Any “attention whoring” has been by speculators, not by the recruit.

Yes, I added my edit almost immediately, so obviously you responded before that. I was, in fact talking about the speculators, in this case Trilly. 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

Yes, I added my edit almost immediately, so obviously you responded before that. I was, in fact talking about the speculators, in this case Trilly. 

Amen and thanks. That first post didn't jibe with your usual style.

Now Harper might be a teeny bit of an attention shill. Not mad at him for being one, but still...

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Amen and thanks. That first post didn't jibe with your usual style.

Now Harper might be a teeny bit of an attention shill. Not mad at him for being one, but still...

What makes you think that? 

JK, I don't think there's a maybe about it.

2 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Not sure how plugged in Rob Cassidy is but he posted on another site a bit ago that Queen's team is targeting an event in early January that Montverde will be playing in for his announcement.

Queen is so low key that for him to make a splash announcement is somewhat out of character.  He's more of a "yeah, I'm going to IU" said in passing to a Raby, Andershock, Shaw kind of guy.

Cream and Crimson for Derek Queen? A Maryland reporter has flip-flopped on his "crystal ball" that the Montverde product will come to Indiana?? #iubb

That's per Jim coyle.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Cream and Crimson for Derek Queen? A Maryland reporter has flip-flopped on his "crystal ball" that the Montverde product will come to Indiana?? #iubb

That's per Jim coyle.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Does that mean he flipped to, flipped away or something else