Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Coach Woodson's Media Appearances

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

From the Guyton interview Coach Woodson mentions that Bruce's cafe was his favorite restaurant while he played here.  As someone who was born in Bloomington (76) and has lived here almost all of my 45 years, I don't think I  ever ate at Bruce's Cafe. Does anyone else remember that place? What were they known for? CMW said they had great pastries. 

Oh yeah. I remember it well. Through most of its years, it was only open from 3:00 AM until 3:00 PM. That made it really popular with bar employees, musicians and third shift workers. Great place, great food, great prices, but most of all GREAT PEOPLE. The place was a treasure.

From  Woody's comments, it didn't sound like he's had all that much contact with the team, other than a little 1:1 personal contact in his office. Too bad, as the guys need all the time they can get from Coach on how to personally develop and learn the system.

It's ironic that high school kids can play AAU ball all summer, get coaching all summer, and yet college kids have to wait until June 10th to even "see" the coach from on official standpoint.

11 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Another funny quote....

Rich bozich asks Woody about the type of defense IU will play and mentions how they played the packline the last few years. 

Woody responds with "first of all, I keep hearing this packline.... what is that?"

Bozich: uhh, we don't know. 

LOL! Confirmation that the "pack line" is some minor league gimmick defense. I think we'll see a well coached, tight man defense.

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Another funny quote....

Rich bozich asks Woody about the type of defense IU will play and mentions how they played the packline the last few years. 

Woody responds with "first of all, I keep hearing this packline.... what is that?"

Bozich: uhh, we don't know. 

Easy.  We PACK it up to head home after getting lit up behind the 3 pt LINE.

5 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Thought this quote was funny. "there are no gimme's, you have to come ready to play for 48 minutes"

lol Archie couldn't get his guys to play 30 minutes of a 40 minute game and Woody is like hell, you need to play 48 minutes of a 40 minute game! Ill take it. 

His NBA background is showing.

The first edition of the Inside Indiana Basketball Radio Show with Mike Woodson Presented By CommunityCars.com will air Monday, November 8 at 7 p.m. The show can be heard statewide on the CareSource Radio Network from Learfield and will be broadcast live from the Southern Stone Restaurant which is located at 405 W Patterson Drive in Bloomington.

The first of 15 shows, which is hosted by legendary "Voice of the Hoosiers" Don Fischer, will include segments with Coach Woodson and a segment with a member of the staff. The show will also air on the program's Facebook account.  

Fans may send questions prior to the show to Hoosiersradio@gmail.com.

Inside Indiana Basketball Broadcast Dates
November 8, 15, 22
December 6, 13, 20
January 3, 10, 24, 31
February 7, 14, 21, 28
March 7

A Complete list of stations that are part of the CareSource Radio Network can be found here.

Really good read with quotes from his IU tutor when he arrived on campus and how he went from a young man of very few words to one today who routinely speaks confidently and assuredly to huge audiences.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/finding-his-voice-the-house-that-helped-shape-ius-mike-woodson/?fbclid=IwAR2sG4dimeTXsyPb_TUd8HBwhuOcvui3Hznft012Q80Nw-y-22FA5tpRqLA

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Really good read with quotes from his IU tutor when he arrived on campus and how he went from a young man of very few words to one today who routinely speaks confidently and assuredly to huge audiences.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/finding-his-voice-the-house-that-helped-shape-ius-mike-woodson/?fbclid=IwAR2sG4dimeTXsyPb_TUd8HBwhuOcvui3Hznft012Q80Nw-y-22FA5tpRqLA

That story is a really nice read on part of the development of Coach Woodson. I was just listening to Coach's pre-Illinois media talk with ITH and thinking just how much I love listening to Woody answer questions from the media. He is just so d*** likeable!