Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Just now, maharkn said:

Listening to Jay Williams this morning the question about lack of recruiting knowledge Jay said that it won't be a problem because he will have world wide wes behind him

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

We'll find out how serious Woodson is about recruiting if we start see a parking lot full of Black SUV's outside Cook Hall. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I spit my water out of my mouth while driving at lunch when I heard that. He played soft at times this year and I might have called him Tracy too. But Woody is just learning everyone's name

Hell, I'm 38 and my own mother screws up my name often

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I spit my water out of my mouth while driving at lunch when I heard that. He played soft at times this year and I might have called him Tracy too. But Woody is just learning everyone's name

Yep, you could tell his nervousness in the presser....he said “ Indiana U basketball”twice. He corrected himself once....

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

Woody’s a BIG man....

I think he was listed at 6'-7" on the basketball roster. Didn't weigh as much then....

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Great call by Odle. Unassailably true. Will also be curious to see how Woody handles kids that after watching them decides they  just aren’t good enough or are a poor fit for his scheme, though they may be really good kids. Is he ready to be that guy from the jump. Would thinks so, but I want to see it.

I like the mindset but unfortunately today most kids are soft.  It's not the 1980s anymore.  I just think he's going to have trouble getting recruits with that old school mindset.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Great call by Odle. Unassailably true. Will also be curious to see how Woody handles kids that after watching them decides they  just aren’t good enough or are a poor fit for his scheme, though they may be really good kids. Is he ready to be that guy from the jump. Would thinks so, but I want to see it.

I would have to think so. Cutting a kid loose when he can just go to another school is a lot less traumatic than cutting a second-round pick, thereby crushing someone's NBA dreams. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Probably a hard convo he's navigated before. Like look kid, u don't fit anything I'm willing to do from the footage I see. Do you want to reinvent your game in these ways, or do you want me to help you find a suitor with a system that highlights your current game (plus distance from home, etc etc)