Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

My favorite part of the press conference was him talking about his 6th grade teacher helping him go to Bob Knight’s basketball camp. 

High school kids might not know the name Mike Woodson, but he’ll be able to go into any living room in the country and relate to the kids he’s talking to. For many recruits, his story growing up is their story too. 

Just now, hoosierfan84 said:

No it won’t. Players come and go all the time when a coaching change occurs. If they go, they go. Just as Woodson wants to be at IU, you want players who want to be at IU too. Quit playing Chicken Little. Your schtick is way past old already.

His ability to recruit the teams own players coming back will give us a sign of his recruiting abilities, stop. He said he would beg for them to stay. Let's see how good he is. 

37 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

It’s going to be raining 3s in AH

Oh how I miss the sound of AH erupting under a 3 bombing away. Or having a player that when a 3 goes up... anticipation fills the room for 2 seconds because there's a good chance it's going in.

Just now, bleedhoosier said:

Oh how I miss the sound of AH erupting under a 3 bombing away. Or having a player that when a 3 goes up... anticipation fills the room for 2 seconds because there's a good chance it's going in.

lol so true. The last few years it was anticipation to see if it would even hit the rim

Just now, Treesh said:

His ability to recruit the teams own players coming back will give us a sign of his recruiting abilities, stop. He said he would beg for them to stay. Let's see how good he is. 

Woodson has done a lot of things that many college coaches have not and never will do. There's a lot of stories and experience there that could really set him apart from the competition. 

1 minute ago, Papacap said:

But based on his answer, I’m not sure he will beg all of them to stay. I think that will depend on if he thinks they are going to fit into what he wants to do.

I think we need all of them besides Al to stay. Race is important, Franklin is our best guard, Kristian has the most potential, and Jordan might develop into what Woodson wants. 

Just now, hoosierpap said:

Jordan is gone gone gone

Would stink.

His defensive potential reminds me of O.G. 

Pending who he can convince to remove their name from the portal, It could be an impressive impression from Woodson before we even play a basketball game or attend an AAU event. 

4 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Jordan is gone gone gone

That's the vibe I got as well.

I don't have a problem swapping a player with potential for one with some experience and further developed via the portal at all.