Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Is there anyway we could get Belein as lead assistant  Head Coach?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fixed it for you. Let Mike scratch his Head Coaching itch in the G-League or in Europe. Do. Not. Want. 

42 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I'll miss you sir. It's been a fun ride. Sad our program has fallen off a clip and we're hiring a guy who has no business being the head coach. 

All it takes is an IU degree! 

If you hate this program so much, and think it being mismanaged so badly........then why are you still here? Honest question. Is it just to get reactions from other posters? A place to vent?

I'll believe when it is official. I will also support him until he no longer deserves my support as I would any one they hire.
I wanted Stevens, Oats or the other homeruns mentioned. I knew BS was a fantasy. It looked like the others were happy where they were at.
After that, I really didn't care who they hired. Past results do not necessarily equal future results. I understand past results can be a pretty good predictor.
If the rumors are correct and Matta is on the staff also, I'm good.

We shall see

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, T White said:

If you hate this program so much, and think it being mismanaged so badly........then why are you still here? Honest question. Is it just to get reactions from other posters? A place to vent?

It's a message board. We're suppose to vent, share opinions, discuss, share. 

Never said I hated the program. I love the program, just not very excited for this questionable hire. 

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'll believe when it is official. I will also support him until he no longer deserves my support as I would any one they hire.
I wanted Stevens, Oats or the other homeruns mentioned. I knew BS was a fantasy. It looked like the others were happy where they were at.
After that, I really didn't care who they hired. Past results do not necessarily equal future results. I understand past results can be a pretty good predictor.
If the rumors are correct and Matta is on the staff also, I'm good.

We shall see

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It’s official

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I mean he won a national championship so......

I’m not a Carmelo guy but like you said he won a college title. He was team USA leading scorer. Basically he succeeded with god coaching and was just a stats guy with not so good. 

He had his most team success with the Knicks under Woodson. 

Also the kids love Me7o. 

1 minute ago, IUguy77 said:

Funny watching everyone talking themselves into this being a good hire. Happens every time IU hires a coach. 

LOL!

I've been watching Assembly Call i think? It sounds like they are talking themselves into this lol.

I'm going to talk myself into it. I did with Archie once i learned more about him. 

Funny watching everyone talking themselves into this being a good hire. Happens every time IU hires a coach. 

What other choice is there? I love the program and want to see it be a winner again. All there is to do now after expressing the initial disappointment is to get on board

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

45 minutes ago, DWB said:

Let me tell you something son...from an old fart that's older than Beilein, I'm still pretty damn sharp mentally. And along with age comes wisdom. Something you appear to be a little short on at this point in your life.

Woodson is our coach. Either get on the train, or get the hell out of the way. 

IU fans are not fair weather fans. We're always IU fans.

Absolutely love it!

8 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Hunter is in the mix and I’ve heard Cheaney could be in the mix. Also watch for Fife.

I’ll take those 3. Would love Cheaney.