Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

4 minutes ago, trc1969 said:

I totally agree, the players were going to boycott and the AD caved and we got Davis.

Exactly then he made the run with Knights team and talked about leaving for the NBA and got a big extension and raise. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Beilein has been the best coach in the big ten in the last decade and two years ago was 30-7.  Coach K is 74, Boheim is 76, Pitino is 68 and isn't Bill Beliechick in his late 60's

Completely agree...Belien has been great!

Not so good in Cleveland, took him a long time to get established at UM, and he is not a long term or even a medium term answer.

By the way... the only elder statesman you cited above who’s been worth a crap this year is nasty Pitino.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Completely agree...Belien has been great!

By the way... the only elder statesman you cited above who’s been worth a crap this year is nasty Pitino.

Yet you want a mid major coach from Cleveland St that is a flash in the pan

He would excellent. For real.
The best choices may not be the obvious ones.
He is probably one of the next ones up to take a head coaching job in the NBA. I imagine it would be something that would make an NBA assistant to at least think about it.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I’m good with Beard but I won’t be surprised at this point considering everything I’ve seen in my 35 years of being an IU fan. I thought my student years would be the lowest we could fall with Davis, then Sampson, then the rebuild with Crean. Oh and Dak as a coach as well but the last coaching search and these past four years with Archie have made me not doubt how bad we can screw things up. We seem cursed to be honest 

Edited by Indiana8585

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Sometimes I get the impression he thinks any young coach is amazing considering some of the names he throws out.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Or Wes Miller. Or Moser. Or Beard. Or Oats.

SOMEONE THAT CAN GIVE US TWENTY YEARS DAMMIT!

1 minute ago, Five Prime said:

I don't know who is on the short list at this point but I feel like whoever it is will be a disappointment to a lot of Hoosier fans. 

As someone mentioned. 

We’re looking at the used cars right now. I have a feeling we’ll hire from the under 10K lot again. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Not if they win

Crean won...until he didn't.  Many Hoosier fans have become so cynical/skeptical/irritated by the last 2 decades of basketball that the winning better come quick and consistently.