Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

9 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Are we 100% convinced JHS is gone? I'm not sure I am but ultimately he will choose his path. 

He has eligibility left so it's not 100% until he announces. That said, I'd be surprised if he does come back since I think he'll be a 1st round draft pick.

14 hours ago, go iu bb said:

He has eligibility left so it's not 100% until he announces. That said, I'd be surprised if he does come back since I think he'll be a 1st round draft pick.

Agree. He’s showing NBA level play these past several games, and the scouts already were big on him during that nba/pro day we had early on. Still a lot of season to go, but as of now I’d be somewhat surprised if he wasn’t in the first round come draft time

On 1/23/2023 at 11:32 AM, HinnyHoosier said:

I think that’s his biggest weakness now but If he can shore that up over the remainder of this season and off season, he’s going to be an incredible pain for the rest of the B1G. 

I’d like to see him go to the Damon Bailey school of open court ball handling. He’s strong enough and has a decent enough first step to get around guys but isn’t confident enough to keep them there. Bailey was a master at keeping guys right on his butt/back hip pocket so he knew where they were and they couldn’t get around.  

If he could shore up that type of thing and finishing at the rim, he could be looking at an All-Conf team type of year next year. 

Absolutely love his shot improvement.

Remember all the posts saying how his shot was "broken" and that it was absurd and ridiculous to think he would ever shoot better? 

Yeah, guys can and do make big improvements in their games, and no, it's not comparing them to Oladipo. 

Hope Gallo's improvement, including later in his IU career as it has come, will remind. 

He's always been a hard-nosed defensive backcourt player, has always brought the energy and tenacity, he's shown close to point-guard level floor vision and assists. Now he's taken big steps in getting his former out-of-control drives under control, and his shot is light years better. Always great to see key guys make jumps in their games, remains and should remain a key part of the team's overall development.

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah, guys can and do make big improvements in their games, and no, it's not comparing them to Oladipo. 

He reminds me a ton of the other player from Dipo's recruiting class Will Sheehey.  Hard nosed relentless defender that gets in the opponents head and improving offensive player every season.

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Absolutely love his shot improvement.

Remember all the posts saying how his shot was "broken" and that it was absurd and ridiculous to think he would ever shoot better? 

Hope Gallo's improvement, including later in his IU career as it has come, will remind. 

He's always been a hard-nosed defensive backcourt player, has always brought the energy and tenacity, he's shown close to point-guard level floor vision and assists. Now he's taken big steps in getting his former out-of-control drives under control, and his shot is light years better. Always great to see key guys make jumps in their games, remains and should remain a key part of the team's overall development.

Not much left to add to his game, eh? Big time athlete, pays hard, defensive excellence, three ball, finishes at rim, floater.

The last thing to add is probably a mid-range pull-up game. Knowing Trey Galloway, that's coming too.

1 minute ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

He reminds me a ton of the other player from Dipo's recruiting class Will Sheehey.  Hard nosed relentless defender that gets in the opponents head and improving offensive player every season.

Yeah Sheehey had the same fire, a guy the other team offensive players can't stand. Love that kind of on-court attitude.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not much left to add to his game, eh? Big time athlete, pays hard, defensive excellence, three ball, finishes at rim, floater.

The last thing to add is probably a mid-range pull-up game. Knowing Trey Galloway, that's coming too.

I'd like to see him lower his handle, his dribble is too high, holds him back a bit in traffic and when pressed. But yeah, he's added so much to his game.

5 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

Let's hope his leadership trajectory is slightly different. Sheehey had a role on the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 team and was exceptional in that role.

2 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

pssh.

Will Sheehey was a chippy, athletic player and I'm glad he was a Hoosier, but Trey's ball-handling, three point shooting, and court sense are already miles ahead of anything Will had at IU. 

By Will's senior year he was still averaging

1. More turnovers than assists and
  2. Shot 33% from three.

This year, with two more years to improve, Trey Galloway is averaging:

• About three times as many assists as turnovers, and
  • 52% from three

Will never learned to play with the ball in his hands. Trey has been a revelation with the ball in his hands

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Let's hope his leadership trajectory is slightly different. Sheehey had a role on the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 team and was exceptional in that role.

Great point!

Chippy Will Sheehey was an effective role player, but was not very effective as a leader.

Trey Galloway is already one of the team leaders and appears (to me) will be the go to on-court voice of the coaching staff once Race, Trayce, Miller, and X are gone.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Great point!

Chippy Will Sheehey was an effective role player, but was not very effective as a leader.

Trey Galloway is already one of the team leaders and appears (to me) will be the go to on-court voice of the coaching staff once Race, Trayce, Miller, and X are gone.

Will Sheehey and Trey Galloway being talked about in the same thread is probably like the best thing ever :)