Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I'm just throwing this out there, but why doesn't Mike Brey ever get tossed around as far as a possible candidate? He's obviously laid the groundwork as far as Indiana recruiting and always has a competitive team in a powerhouse conference. For as well as he does at a "football school", I wonder how well he'd do at a "basketball school". I feel like he is extremely underrated

If I may, I have one word to describe Mike Brey, meh. He's done just fine at Notre Dame, however, he's not a coach to take a team to the promised land. He's always just seemed to me to be very, meh. 

Brey has done amazing things at a traditional football school. While Tom Crean is busy missing the tournament Brey is consistently relevant and about to have his team in another ACC tournament championship game. Imagine what he could do with the name recognition of "Indiana University" behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

Does anyone else want to punch justin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Albers is trolling for traffic.  He does this regularly.  I saw a number of journalists call him out last year.  Well, looks like he's up to it again.  

Sorry, even if Steve Alford had interest in a job that isn't even open yet, he wouldn't dare open his mouth even slightly, let alone talk about recruiting strategies.  

I smell a rat.  

So, Alford isn't good enough for IU but he's good enough for UCLA. To which he's had 1 phenomenal year and 2 solid/ years.

I still don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That one bad year almost got him fired... and without Lonzo Ball... he may have been. Look at the defensive efficiency numbers. They're going to bomb out early in the tournament, and his seat will be even hotter than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Albers is trolling for traffic.  He does this regularly.  I saw a number of journalists call him out last year.  Well, looks like he's up to it again.  

Sorry, even if Steve Alford had interest in a job that isn't even open yet, he wouldn't dare open his mouth even slightly, let alone talk about recruiting strategies.  

I smell a rat.  

Albers got let go for a reason. Rubbed people the wrong way by giving up the actual good info he got that wasnt his to let out. Also made things up a lot. Alford is gonna hate him. Regardless if he wants to come here he probably didnt want it being like this and by Justin freaking Albers. He seems to be on a roll in recruiting so we could do a lot worse but like others have stated he wouldnt be my first call. I wouldnt hate the hire though. Like others have said if he is good enough for UCLA he should be at least okay here.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

0708 said to expect an announcement Sunday night or Monday. Said to start worrying if we haven't heard anything by Tuesday. 

We still have to worry?? You have got to be kidding me. What does it take to get this guy fired.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So, Alford isn't good enough for IU but he's good enough for UCLA. To which he's had 1 phenomenal year and 2 solid/ years.

I still don't get it.

If they lose before sweet 16 will it still be considered a phenomenal year? Getting a 11 seed is considered a solid year? People on here complained when IU got a 10 seed. Sweet 16 runs beating Smu, and UAB one year and Tulsa, Stephan f Austin the other year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just got home 30 mns ago from kids soccer. Cracking a beer getting ready fo bur Arizona vs ucla. Happy today hopefully did crean crean in for good. At least DD, Katz and all these clowns can white talking about crean still making the dance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If they lose before sweet 16 will it still be considered a phenomenal year? Getting a 11 seed is considered a solid year? People on here complained when IU got a 10 seed. Sweet 16 runs beating Smu, and UAB one year and Tulsa, Stephan f Austin the other year.

That's why I said solid. Still got to sweet 16 back to back, first 2 years on the job with a program that was broken.

57 minutes ago, kbhoosiers said:

I'm just throwing this out there, but why doesn't Mike Brey ever get tossed around as far as a possible candidate? He's obviously laid the groundwork as far as Indiana recruiting and always has a competitive team in a powerhouse conference. For as well as he does at a "football school", I wonder how well he'd do at a "basketball school". I feel like he is extremely underrated

Contemplated the same thing recently and with Notre Dame's academic standards he's limited in recruiting.  Didn't realize he was that old though, would have to pass.

That's why I said solid. Still got to sweet 16 back to back, first 2 years on the job with a program that was broken.

We differ on definition of solid in this case. I had UCLA out of that tournament that year Their resume didn't justify them getting in( in my opinion and many others) but like others did they took advantage and beat Smu on a last second goal tend call and got to play uab after Iowa st lost. Regardless if Alford is the guy I will be here posting, if Donavan is the guy I will be here posting, if crean is back I will be here posting

I have to politfully disagree. I think that Mike Brey is very forgettable for a reason. 

He has done a lot more with a lot less. Not saying he's at the top of my list but I'm just shocked he's rarely mentioned if ever