Lebowski Posted Saturday at 02:11 PM Posted Saturday at 02:11 PM Just now, Brass Cannon said: I think advanced analytics support going for it there. But the execution left a lot to be desired I didn't mind him going for it. We got 2pt out of it. A win is a win. Stuhoo 1 Quote
Jeff Flabjohns Posted Saturday at 02:11 PM Posted Saturday at 02:11 PM Beat a good Northwestern team. Secondary getting repeatedly gashed was my main takeaway. Sayin and Maiava might destroy them. Duff gonna put up video game numbers next week pumpfake 1 Quote
Lebowski Posted Saturday at 02:12 PM Posted Saturday at 02:12 PM Just now, AZ Hoosier said: I thought I heard the announcers say that Cig tried to hire Braun for his staff at one point, too. Braun is a good coach. True statement. Either IUFB isn't really that good or NW will be a top 25 team by November. Brass Cannon 1 Quote
ronzo4IU Posted Saturday at 02:18 PM Posted Saturday at 02:18 PM 4 minutes ago, Lebowski said: True statement. Either IUFB isn't really that good or NW will be a top 25 team by November. Northwestern looks legit..underrated, but prob not for long. Quote
WayneFleekHoosier Posted Saturday at 02:22 PM Posted Saturday at 02:22 PM 8 minutes ago, Jeff Flabjohns said: Beat a good Northwestern team. Secondary getting repeatedly gashed was my main takeaway. Sayin and Maiava might destroy them. Duff gonna put up video game numbers next week I think game plan will be different. But this isn’t the first game our Zone coverage is leaving gigantic holes. Is ponds making that big of a difference? (Yes). Maybe with Tayven and Chiles being running QBs we are zoning more to watch the run leaving gaps. (I hope). skhoosier2 1 Quote
Golfman25 Posted Saturday at 02:26 PM Posted Saturday at 02:26 PM Ugly win is a win. NW is a good team. Hoover needs to get his accuracy issues fixed. Quote
Artie86 Posted Saturday at 02:29 PM Posted Saturday at 02:29 PM 11 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said: Northwestern looks legit..underrated, but prob not for long. ….IMO, we are now in unfamiliar, uncomfortable waters. 1. - We are NOW the hunted! 2. - We are going to get EVERYONE’S best game here on out! ….good teams bow up and find a way to win. Finally,….despite the unfortunate injuries to key players, this game could be a blessing in disguise in preparation moving forward. JMO Home Jersey 1 Quote
Brass Cannon Posted Saturday at 02:31 PM Posted Saturday at 02:31 PM 7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said: I think game plan will be different. But this isn’t the first game our Zone coverage is leaving gigantic holes. Is ponds making that big of a difference? (Yes). Maybe with Tayven and Chiles being running QBs we are zoning more to watch the run leaving gaps. (I hope). Part of the issue is we got Harris because we knew Gandy wasn’t the solution. And to be fair we haven’t given up a TD with Harris on the field. Our problem with running QBs has me worried about Michigan skhoosier2 and pumpfake 2 Quote
Brass Cannon Posted Saturday at 02:32 PM Posted Saturday at 02:32 PM 19 minutes ago, Jeff Flabjohns said: Beat a good Northwestern team. Secondary getting repeatedly gashed was my main takeaway. Sayin and Maiava might destroy them. Duff gonna put up video game numbers next week Think the issue is that these mobile QBs are able to escape the pressure. Sayin wont Quote
Aaron Posted Saturday at 02:49 PM Posted Saturday at 02:49 PM I really hope this is a repeat of the 'great freakout of early 2012' when our no. 1 ranked basketball squad got taken to the wire by Georgetown early in season and everyone panicked. Turned out no one knew the Hoyas were a top 10-15 squad with future pro Otto Porter who SHOULD have been ranked there (and were pretty quickly) much like this Northwestern squad who probably will be eventually. I will say Hoover and this secondary scare me a bit. The RB's, WR's, front seven, and O-line are pretty much championship worthy. As long as QB and CB play can be just average this should be a playoff team. Hoover just needs to stop missing open throws and secondary needs to stop leaving gaping holes in coverage on back end. Its the difference between 8-10 wins and getting decent bowl or sneaking into playoffs and 11-12 wins with being a championship contender. Quote
skhoosier2 Posted Saturday at 02:55 PM Posted Saturday at 02:55 PM 1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said: Saw on Twitter high ankle sprain for Turbo and concussion for Hardy. Hardy likely back after Rutgers if not for. Looking like we will get Turbo and Martin back around the same time. We are going to need a back to step up. All still rumors unless you saw someone credible post it (I haven’t yet but may have missed it). I thought Hardy was a concussion when he hit the ground so not surprised if this is the case. I hope we have Turbo and or Khobie for OSU. We are going to need all 3 plus Hoover and the receivers to pull that one out. Quote
AZ Hoosier Posted Saturday at 03:00 PM Posted Saturday at 03:00 PM Cignetti: “We got Pearl Harbored the first two offensive plays.” OliviaPope40 and pumpfake 2 Quote
skhoosier2 Posted Saturday at 03:01 PM Posted Saturday at 03:01 PM 34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said: I think game plan will be different. But this isn’t the first game our Zone coverage is leaving gigantic holes. Is ponds making that big of a difference? (Yes). Maybe with Tayven and Chiles being running QBs we are zoning more to watch the run leaving gaps. (I hope). Ponds, Fisher, Moore, Boykin. We are missing them, their leadership, and their ability to tackle. I was worried about the secondary before the season. It’s a huge weakness. If we can’t get pressure up front, good QBs will destroy us. Good news is Sayin isn’t super mobile. Bad news is Underwood may kill us in Michigan. I know a lot are worried about Hoover. He hasn’t played great yet but my concerns are with the O line. Are will missing Owings? We couldn’t punch it in on the goal line because we were getting bullied and couldn’t move anyone. Also concerned about Lee having to play every down. That’s not feasible so hopefully Cig gets those young guys ready for Rutgers because we need all hands on deck. Quote
Stuhoo Posted Saturday at 03:03 PM Posted Saturday at 03:03 PM 31 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said: Part of the issue is we got Harris because we knew Gandy wasn’t the solution. And to be fair we haven’t given up a TD with Harris on the field. Our problem with running QBs has me worried about Michigan Bell played every down last night. Gandy is officially ‘other’. skhoosier2 1 Quote
Hoosierfan2017 Posted Saturday at 03:06 PM Posted Saturday at 03:06 PM Kind of ashamed to admit that I was daunted and took Northwestern to cover. -22 was just asking to be smashed though. Stuhoo 1 Quote
OGIUAndy Posted Saturday at 03:08 PM Posted Saturday at 03:08 PM 9 hours ago, American HoosierX said: I'm totally with you on inability to run RPO correctly during this game, but I'd also say there were at least 3-4 plays where he very clearly should have handed it off. I agree. There were a few times where he definitely should have handed it off. I think when Turbo went down he started to throw too much. He'll get better. Quote
Hoosierfan2017 Posted Saturday at 03:09 PM Posted Saturday at 03:09 PM 7 minutes ago, skhoosier2 said: Ponds, Fisher, Moore, Boykin. We are missing them, their leadership, and their ability to tackle. I was worried about the secondary before the season. It’s a huge weakness. If we can’t get pressure up front, good QBs will destroy us. Good news is Sayin isn’t super mobile. Bad news is Underwood may kill us in Michigan. I know a lot are worried about Hoover. He hasn’t played great yet but my concerns are with the O line. Are will missing Owings? We couldn’t punch it in on the goal line because we were getting bullied and couldn’t move anyone. Also concerned about Lee having to play every down. That’s not feasible so hopefully Cig gets those young guys ready for Rutgers because we need all hands on deck. Hoover’s arm strength is a big concern for me. Hes under thrown Becker multiple times on what would’ve been walk in touchdowns. He’s also very inaccurate when he’s throwing more than 5-10 yards down field. Quote
skhoosier2 Posted Saturday at 03:18 PM Posted Saturday at 03:18 PM 5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said: Hoover’s arm strength is a big concern for me. Hes under thrown Becker multiple times on what would’ve been walk in touchdowns. He’s also very inaccurate when he’s throwing more than 5-10 yards down field. He can make the throws. His accuracy is another point of contention. I’m more optimistic they can fix his issues than I am the issues on the line, our temporary 1 running back situation, and our atrocious secondary. With all 3 of our RB I think it opens up a lot. But Hoover threw some passes last night that will be picked by better defenses. If our line play doesn’t get better, Hoover may not have a lot of chances to throw (OSU/UM will bully our o line). IMO Whitmer is a far superior QB coach to Tino but he was never long for the job in college. Quote
rayl456 Posted Saturday at 03:19 PM Posted Saturday at 03:19 PM 47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said: Part of the issue is we got Harris because we knew Gandy wasn’t the solution. And to be fair we haven’t given up a TD with Harris on the field. Our problem with running QBs has me worried about Michigan Harris hasn’t been on the field since leaving in the first quarter of the N Texas game. Stuhoo and skhoosier2 1 1 Quote
Hoosierfan2017 Posted Saturday at 03:23 PM Posted Saturday at 03:23 PM 2 minutes ago, skhoosier2 said: He can make the throws. His accuracy is another point of contention. I’m more optimistic they can fix his issues than I am the issues on the line, our temporary 1 running back situation, and our atrocious secondary. With all 3 of our RB I think it opens up a lot. But Hoover threw some passes last night that will be picked by better defenses. If our line play doesn’t get better, Hoover may not have a lot of chances to throw (OSU/UM will bully our o line). IMO Whitmer is a far superior QB coach to Tino but he was never long for the job in college. Other than that, Ms. Lincoln, how was the play? I agree though. On the bright side, we have the best staff in the country. If they can’t figure it out then no one can. After the last 2 seasons I 1000% see why OSU, Alabama, etc. fans are the way they are. I’ll legitimately be disappointed if we miss the playoffs. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.