cthomas Posted Saturday at 04:14 AM Posted Saturday at 04:14 AM 22 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said: ETA- sorry you asked "how bad" can't say, might be out a week might be several. I would guess an ankle injury. That it happened on an uncalled late hit pisses me off even more. Quote
Loaded Chicken Sandwich Posted Saturday at 04:16 AM Posted Saturday at 04:16 AM But I was overreacting and wrong about this team having a ton to work on lol. Quote
Hoosierfan2017 Posted Saturday at 04:17 AM Posted Saturday at 04:17 AM 18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said: Can’t look past Nebraska. Heck, with how we looked tonight we can’t overlook Rutger. Such a bizarre game. skhoosier2 1 Quote
Stuhoo Posted Saturday at 04:18 AM Posted Saturday at 04:18 AM Something about Hoover that I’m not really loving. I feel like his reads on RPO aren’t as confident as Rourke or Mendoza’s. So he’s not pulling the ball out and throwing it when sometimes he should be. Major major props to Chip Kelley. He made adjustments at halftime and got the best of Haines in the second half. cthomas, American HoosierX, Pagoda and 2 others 5 Quote
rayl456 Posted Saturday at 04:20 AM Posted Saturday at 04:20 AM So, did anyone see if the other K-State kid, Obiazor, got in? Quote
Stuhoo Posted Saturday at 04:22 AM Posted Saturday at 04:22 AM 2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said: But I was overreacting and wrong about this team having a ton to work on lol. Not a fan of “I told you so” negative posts, unless you were also going to remind everyone that you were wrong when we look dominant. We beat a good good team by six. The biggest problem with tonight for me is potentially extended time without Turbo and Hardy. Those are already our two thinnest position groups. Home Jersey, skhoosier2, FWHoosier84 and 1 other 4 Quote
Loaded Chicken Sandwich Posted Saturday at 04:27 AM Posted Saturday at 04:27 AM 1 minute ago, Stuhoo said: Not a fan of “I told you so” negative posts, unless you were also going to remind everyone that you were wrong when we look dominant. We beat a good good team by six. The biggest problem with tonight for me is potentially extended time without Turbo and Hardy. Those are already our two thinnest position groups. Y'all wanted to homer it in and I get it. But the writing was on the wall in the first 3 games. Offense isn't as explosive. Offensive line is weaker. Defense is slower. Secondary isn't very good. RB room now even worse and there isn't a dude behind Beebee to put in. Can definitely still make the playoff.. but this defense is going to have to make some insane strides. Ohio State and USC will put up 50 on this defense right now. Secondary is going to get tested against Rutgers. Quote
cthomas Posted Saturday at 04:29 AM Posted Saturday at 04:29 AM 1 minute ago, Stuhoo said: Not a fan of “I told you so” negative posts, unless you were also going to remind everyone that you were wrong when we look dominant. We beat a good good team by six. The biggest problem with tonight for me is potentially extended time without Turbo and Hardy. Those are already our two thinnest position groups. A lot of what happens with football teams (and basketball teams) comes down to key injuries. We've been fortunate the last couple of years. We are four games in and we are already down two thirds of our projected running back room. If we can withstand this until we get them back, maybe we will be stronger to finish the season. Hoover needs to be the guy he can be and lead us through the hard times. We are still undefeated and all of our goals are still in front of us. FWHoosier84 1 Quote
skhoosier2 Posted Saturday at 04:33 AM Posted Saturday at 04:33 AM 7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said: Not a fan of “I told you so” negative posts, unless you were also going to remind everyone that you were wrong when we look dominant. We beat a good good team by six. The biggest problem with tonight for me is potentially extended time without Turbo and Hardy. Those are already our two thinnest position groups. I’d argue the back end as a whole is thin and weak. When we play a mobile QB that the D line can’t get to or contain we are going to be in trouble. Underwood may torch us at Michigan if we don’t get our issues worked out. Quote
Brass Cannon Posted Saturday at 04:42 AM Posted Saturday at 04:42 AM Is this our Iowa game from last year? Or is it something different. I wonder if the weird week had an affect as well Quote
RaceToTheTop Posted Saturday at 04:43 AM Posted Saturday at 04:43 AM Rewatching the game. The tackle that rolled up Turbo's ankle was a hip drop tackle. I know the NFL has outlawed it and assume the NCAA has followed suit. Quote
TheWatShot Posted Saturday at 04:50 AM Posted Saturday at 04:50 AM 7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said: Is this our Iowa game from last year? Or is it something different. I wonder if the weird week had an affect as well We're not as good as last year, and maybe not two years ago, either. And there's no shame in that. OliviaPope40, pumpfake and FWHoosier84 3 Quote
Brass Cannon Posted Saturday at 04:52 AM Posted Saturday at 04:52 AM Just now, TheWatShot said: We're not as good as last year, and maybe not two years ago, either. And there's no shame in that. Eh I disagree. Northwestern had a great gameplan and I think we are down to our 3rd RB which hurts. Line is still gelling. We have the most upside of any team. We didn’t put it together till after Iowa last year. Need to see how this team responds. Also we are getting everybodies best shot Quote
RaceToTheTop Posted Saturday at 04:57 AM Posted Saturday at 04:57 AM 12 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said: Rewatching the game. The tackle that rolled up Turbo's ankle was a hip drop tackle. I know the NFL has outlawed it and assume the NCAA has followed suit. Looked it up -- hip drop tackles are illegal in the NFL, but the NCAA tabled their proposed ban. Shows where they are in terms of player safety. FWHoosier84, OliviaPope40 and pumpfake 3 Quote
IU5355 Posted Saturday at 04:57 AM Posted Saturday at 04:57 AM Hoover undeniably must improve. The secondary play must improve. Run defense was fantastic. The D line was creating a lot of havoc, Chiles is elusive and hard to get down. Team has a long way to go. skhoosier2 1 Quote
OGIUAndy Posted Saturday at 05:15 AM Posted Saturday at 05:15 AM 16 minutes ago, IU5355 said: Hoover undeniably must improve. The secondary play must improve. Run defense was fantastic. The D line was creating a lot of havoc, Chiles is elusive and hard to get down. Team has a long way to go. This is basically word for word what I said after the game. IU5355 1 Quote
OGIUAndy Posted Saturday at 05:18 AM Posted Saturday at 05:18 AM 23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said: Eh I disagree. Northwestern had a great gameplan and I think we are down to our 3rd RB which hurts. Line is still gelling. We have the most upside of any team. We didn’t put it together till after Iowa last year. Need to see how this team responds. Also we are getting everybodies best shot If Hoover completes a couple of those big misses and makes better decisions with the RPO they would/should have scored at least three more touchdowns. Defense was also on the field too much. Quote
LamarCheeks Posted Saturday at 05:22 AM Posted Saturday at 05:22 AM "Winning. It's like, better than losing." -- Nuke LaLoosh It was an ugly win, but it was a win. And what do you do after a win? You sing! RaceToTheTop 1 Quote
IUHoosier5 Posted Saturday at 05:37 AM Posted Saturday at 05:37 AM All I have to say is let’s go see what they’re made of since the talent is there. But does this team have the right pieces to put it together? There’s still work to do. No doubt losing culture-setting players is a huge loss, but this is the game. That’s why they still meet between the hashes. Go IU! Quote
American HoosierX Posted Saturday at 05:58 AM Posted Saturday at 05:58 AM 1 hour ago, Stuhoo said: Something about Hoover that I’m not really loving. I feel like his reads on RPO aren’t as confident as Rourke or Mendoza’s. So he’s not pulling the ball out and throwing it when sometimes he should be. Major major props to Chip Kelley. He made adjustments at halftime and got the best of Haines in the second half. 1 hour ago, Stuhoo said: Something about Hoover that I’m not really loving. I feel like his reads on RPO aren’t as confident as Rourke or Mendoza’s. So he’s not pulling the ball out and throwing it when sometimes he should be. Major major props to Chip Kelley. He made adjustments at halftime and got the best of Haines in the second half. I'm totally with you on inability to run RPO correctly during this game, but I'd also say there were at least 3-4 plays where he very clearly should have handed it off. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.