Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But Woody loves Galloway and has played him a ton all three years, including over more talented guys.

I think Woody does love him, doesn’t mean woody wants to start him and rely on him as a key (starter or top option scoring)cog. I also believe starting matters. If you start, you are going to be playing more minutes than those on the bench. Total overall minutes matter. You want your best roster to have the most time on the floor together.  Galloway can still get over 20/25 min a game coming off the bench bc he is versatile and can cover multiple positions.

Who did he play over last year that was more talented than he is? To me there isn’t a better guard/wing on last years roster better than Galloway. Thats also an indictment of how poor the overall talent was in the backcourt. 

2 years ago, he didn’t play him over guys like Shafino/X who are better than him. The rest of the wings were not better than Galloway. 

3 years ago, Galloway played less than Rob Phinisee, and Tamar Bates due to being out part of the season. But once back he didn’t play ahead of anyone who was more talent than. 

Im not trying to knock Galloway. He is a good basketball player. But he isn’t elite. With a strong roster I think you can see him come off the bench and have an even bigger impact. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It’ll probably be like with Mgbako; start the bigger name guys but give the most minutes and finish with whoever he wants.

He has consistently given most his minutes to starters. Not the guys off the bench. Injuries have opened up more minutes. But Woody and most coaches for that matter play their starters more than bench players. It will be interesting how the summer goes but with a freshmen to sophomore jump, I dont expect Galloway to be as talented as Rice, Carlyle, or Mgbako. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Maliks a stud. He wouldn't come off the bench for me. 

He doesn’t fit the modern game. But is talented in what he does. Moving forward I hope IU doesn’t recruit players of this skill set. Much rather see a 6’7”-6’9” guy that can shoot it play the 4. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

He doesn’t fit the modern game. But is talented I. What he does. Moving forward I hope IU doesn’t recruit players of this skill set. Much rather see a 6’7”-6’9” guy that can shoot it play the 4. 

I agree. He's a hard player to build around. I would much rather have mgbako at the four and use all the money we're paying Reneau to get someone like Rylan griffen, who is one of the best 3 and D players in the country. 

Loving the fact that Carlyle and Rice have multiple years left.  Would be nice to lock them into more than a 1 year stint.

Personally, I am happy and a bit surprised if I’m honest on the incoming 2024-25 incoming class.  (And yes, I agree it would be great to now get a knock down shooter added and a back up 5).  I think we actually punched a bit above our weight considering recent history.

Oh my my…the almighty dollar

3 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Any rumors on who we're looking at to to fill the last 3 roster spots? I think we need a backup center even though we should stagger reneau and ballo so Reneau plays a lot of 5. I would love Humrichous since he is the shooter we need. I'd like one more knock down shooter also. 

I think shooter, center, and leave the open roster spot for development guy or someone unexpected.

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

He has consistently given most his minutes to starters. Not the guys off the bench. Injuries have opened up more minutes. But Woody and most coaches for that matter play their starters more than bench players. It will be interesting how the summer goes but with a freshmen to sophomore jump, I dont expect Galloway to be as talented as Rice, Carlyle, or Mgbako. 

Agree on starter minutes, but end of game situations(last 5 minutes or so), Ballo will  doubtfully be seeing much floor time. We will most likely be seeing Rice, Carlyle, Trey, MM, and Malik finishing games. 

26 minutes ago, J34 said:

Agree on starter minutes, but end of game situations(last 5 minutes or so), Ballo will  doubtfully be seeing much floor time. We will most likely be seeing Rice, Carlyle, Trey, MM, and Malik finishing games. 

Depends. Ballo will rebound and be the rim protector. End of a close game you will need that. Could do some offensive and defensive substitutions. But Ballo is a net positive over a low FT%. And his 2 pt FG% is very very good. He might miss the and 1 FT though. If we are in a game with a lead and the other team is on foul mode then sure, put someone else in. The other team is scrambling to make up points in that situation. 

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hearing Luke Goode.  Anyone else? Is this a thing?

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He was on campus this weekend but his brother is at IU and it was Little 500 weekend so there is another obvious explanation why he was around.

So there’s this. If you’re already good(e) and then you come to Bloomington? And Adam Howard tweets this last hour?

IMG_3405.jpeg

For me he’d be the perfect 10-15 mpg shooter addition. Low turnover 39% career 3 pt shooter, great team culture guy. Not yet in portal.