Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, ISP said:

Ok, very small additional details on CE. AAU coach is on the visit with him. AAU coach likes that Woody has a relationship with his players (GG did not). AAU coach wants him at IU. 

Is that before or after he learns their name?  :)

I kid.  I kid.  

11 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I’m going to be surprised if Trey starts. Play a lot sure but I see him coming off the bench with the 2nd unit. Bc you know there will be a second unit. lol 

I think Trey came back with the promise of more money and to start. I could be wrong of course but I think Woodson should stagger his starters with the bench. A whole different second unit isn't something I see him doing with the amount of talent available still. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think this is the way it will go. It gets everything done the quickest. I'm told Woody is tired of dealing with this Portal and is ready to do something else. Then we save one scholarship for later on. 

There's golf to play damnit.  :)  

Just now, Trish said:

I think Trey came back with the promise of more money and to start. I could be wrong of course but I think Woodson should stagger his starters with the bench. A whole different second unit isn't something I see him doing with the amount of talent available still. 

Maybe. I doubt that though concerning starting. If he earns it great but I think a sophomore Rice and Carlyle are better and are coming to start. Galloway will be the 6th man. He tried to do 10 men with less talent before. I think by the time the roster fills out he will have 10 players. Them with injury he will shorten the bench. 

Rice, Carlyle, Mgbako, Reneau, Ballo

Cupps, Galloway, Turner, Then fill the last 2 spots with players yet to be named. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

I don't. I get my info from all kinds of places and yes peegs is way out of the loop right now. 

Probably purposely out of the loop. I’d assume his going after Woodsons job played a role in that. But he also has a job to do and that’s cover recruiting. Hard to cover something the staff doesn’t do throughout the year. 

14 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

There were 3 freshman who shot over 35% from 3 on volume last year. You'll quickly find those kind of freshman don't grow on trees. I believe you'll find even the most prolific 3 point shooters improved steadily throughout their careers. Expect the same for all 3 of our soon to be sophomores. 

Who were those FR?

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Probably purposely out of the loop. I’d assume his going after Woodsons job played a role in that. But he also has a job to do and that’s cover recruiting. Hard to cover something the staff doesn’t do throughout the year. 

He should get a real job. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who were those FR?

Reed Shepphard is the only one I remember off the top of my head. The other two were from schools I'd never heard of. 

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lot of posters really underselling Jakai and I fully understand why.  But if this kid can come back to 90%+ of what he was IMO he won't be the 11-13th player on the bench.  Maybe on the first day of the season but not by March.   

I thought I saw somewhere(maybe here, HSN or social media) that when Newton played with Rice and Kanaan all together on the AAU circuit while Ya was coaching and that Newton had a higher ceiling than Rice and Kanaan.