Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

At this point I’m hoping there’s no reason for him to feel the need to take visits to other schools. Awesome that his AAU coach is with him and wants him to go to IU. 

My only reservation is playing time. Will Woody and staff lay out a path for 12-18- 20 minutes per game for him? 

30 minutes ago, Trish said:

Exactly what I've been saying. Indiana has seven guys in rotation, Woody isn't playing more than eight during B1G. 

On the shooting front: Yes it's important for Indiana to get better shooters. But Woodson and company seriously need to play a style of basketball where they shoot more 3's. They were bottom 300's in D1 last season. That's not acceptable at the P4 level. 

Yes. Also, the freshman (Rice, Carlyle, Mgbako) I think will get better as shooters. Plus, still spots open. I would bet they land a 40% three point shooter. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think this is the way it will go. It gets everything done the quickest. I'm told Woody is tired of dealing with this Portal and is ready to do something else. Then we save one scholarship for later on. 

The man needs to wrap it up so he can hit the links. Got that tee time to get too. And if he completes the portal haul that everyone is expecting he has earned it. 

9 minutes ago, ISP said:

My only reservation is playing time. Will Woody and staff lay out a path for 12-18- 20 minutes per game for him? 

He's got two years of eligibility left. With Galloway graduating and Mgbako potentially moving on after the end of next season, I see avenue for quality minutes if he puts in the work and sees things through for his senior season. 

42 minutes ago, Trish said:

Exactly what I've been saying. Indiana has seven guys in rotation, Woody isn't playing more than eight during B1G. 

On the shooting front: Yes it's important for Indiana to get better shooters. But Woodson and company seriously need to play a style of basketball where they shoot more 3's. They were bottom 300's in D1 last season. That's not acceptable at the P4 level. 

I agree. I was mostly pointing out the ironic/ridiculous take of Goodman basically writing off Mgbako b/c he didn't shoot very well from 3 as a freshman and his "one suggestion" being that we go get Stojakovic b/c he'll be our answer shooting the 3, even though he wasn't good as a freshman.

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Tyme and I are hearing good things about this visit. I'm off to the outlet mall and Brown Co for some golf but don't be surprised if this deal does get wrapped up today. 

Woodson will be so excited if Essegian, Malone, and Carlyle all pop by the end of this week. More time for him to golf! I kid of course..somewhat.