Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

That's just from a tweet saying Essegian is visiting today. 

I think that means a little more than just visiting when ISP makes a post. 

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

So did he commit or no... I am old and slow with social media :)

I'm old and all over twitter right now for confirmation and all I can find is someone saying he is working on the commitment art work. Named something else because I can't remember the official name. LOL

3 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

I'm old and all over twitter right now for confirmation and all I can find is someone saying he is working on the commitment art work. Named something else because I can't remember the official name. LOL

Yep, I do good to log in here at times.  

4 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Yep, I do good to log in here at times.  

refreshing my Essegian screen as much as I did on Baso yesterday .... lucky I got the yard mowed yesterday. LOL

On 3/19/2024 at 10:31 AM, Stuhoo said:

Let's define our terms:

• The players enter the portal.
  • To get there? They portalize.
  • Once there? They are portaling.
  • While there? They are portalists.
  • When they commit? They have portaled.
  • If they succeed? They are portalicious!
  • If they fail? They are portalame.
  • If they do it twice? They are re-portaling.
  • If they cannot find a school that will take them? They are put into the portal-potty.

Thanks we definitely needed this! 

Well it’s all but official now. Immediate eligibility for multi year transfers as long as they actually went to class and are eligible to pursue a degree at the next stop. NCAA seems to be using academic standing as the new “penalty” not that it sounds like much of a penalty. It was official in all but name, but the NCAA is making unlimited transfers without penalty policy. 2+ schools is going to start to be the norm I would guess until some financial rules are in place. It is one more official step towards college sports as we all knew it being dead. (Yes, I know they haven’t been challenging multi transfer guys really at all since the last court ruling).