Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

28 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I come here to see if there's any news on Hemenway or perhaps even the Ukrainian dude -- and all I'm seeing is about Gabe Cupps. 

As far as I know, he's already on the team. 

I'm not a mod, but maybe we can move any Cupps discussion to the Cupps thread (I know there is one) and keep this about the portal and IU targets (you know -- like the title of the thread)?

I'm hoping for an update soon on our backup big and Hemenway.  Haven't heard anything since late last week on either.

13 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm hoping for an update soon on our backup big and Hemenway.  Haven't heard anything since late last week on either.

thanks for the update

On 4/30/2024 at 7:44 AM, btownqb said:

Alex Hemenway announced himself as a Hoosier, twice, in his exit post about transferring. I'm calling it.. he's ours! 

I’d say that’s what he calls himself because he’s from Indiana. 
However, I would be happy if we landed him . 

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

6'10" originally from Georgetown, IN.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/langdon-hatton-1.html

image.png

I guess we’ll see what happens with the Ukrainian kid, but this kind of feels like what you’re gonna get, doesn’t it? If not this kid, one an awful lot like him. 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

I guess we’ll see what happens with the Ukrainian kid, but this kind of feels like what you’re gonna get, doesn’t it? If not this kid, one an awful lot like him. 

Him and the Ukrainian guy are very similar except for Nikita seems more physical.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

I'd just prefer a better athlete. The only thing that intrigued me with the Monmouth big was that he had 2 years left. 

Hatton didn't have good #s against power 5 competition last season, either. 

11 hours ago, 8bucks said:

any links to this - if he comes man our bench looks much better than last year.  

I read this as meaning he’s a shooter from the state of Indiana.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'd just prefer a better athlete. The only thing that intrigued me with the Monmouth big was that he had 2 years left. 

Hatton didn't have good #s against power 5 competition last season, either. 

I agree. I’d rather see them invest in a younger kid with more of a ceiling and a chance to be more than just filling a gap in the roster. I just feel something like this is where they’re gonna go. Some physically and emotionally mature kid who’s comfortable with the possibility that they may just not play. 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Him and the Ukrainian guy are very similar except for Nikita seems more physical.

Nikita is more physical but Hatton seems to have a better feel for the game and can shoot. Nikita seems like a project and looks like he just throws the ball at the rim and doesn’t have great instincts within the game. Hattons dad is a big UK fan so it would be comics to see him go to IU.