Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

I don't see how you can look at the roster and think we are doing anything but playing small half the time.  Reneau at the 5 should be a dynamic offense with these guards.  

I'm hesitant to say that for sure because of...well, Woody.  But it sure looks that's the way we're headed.  

I think it's staring us in the face, but some are refusing to see it. They recruited one big, the others are clear backups. We haven't even recruited another 4, like a Walker type, we grabbed a stretch 4 in Goode, and already have one in MM. 

There aren't 10-15mpg for a backup center. We've never played a backup center 10-15 mins. 

Here is the conference breakdown of mins last season in conference.  

image.png.9bb6fffe83412345dec142070fdddb36.png

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Rabby said he is an option but doesn’t seem to be any visits setup at this point 

I'd take him for sure. 

11 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Unless Woody is planning on playing Mack at the 4, this big would prolly get 15-20 minutes a game.

With the guys we're going after, it makes you wonder if we're out of .NIL cash I know it's not the best sell, but come on.

Goode

3 hours ago, str8baller said:

I don't see how you can look at the roster and think we are doing anything but playing small half the time.  Reneau at the 5 should be a dynamic offense with these guards.  

I'm hesitant to say that for sure because of...well, Woody.  But it sure looks that's the way we're headed.  

My thoughts exactly.

-Two guards

-Combination of Mgbako/Goode at the 3/4

-Ballo/Reneau

Probably our best potential lineup combinations next year and how I would be looking at it if I were a portal big. Realistically I think there's ~10 mpg max for a portal big barring injury and perhaps even less once conference season goes full swing. 

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

My thoughts exactly.

-Two guards

-Combination of Mgbako/Goode at the 3/4

-Ballo/Reneau

Probably our best potential lineup combinations next year and how I would be looking at it if I were a portal big. Realistically I think there's ~10 mpg max for a portal big barring injury and perhaps even less once conference season goes full swing. 

I don't even see 10 mins. The past seasons mins distributions back that up, as well. 

3 hours ago, str8baller said:

You are probably right, but there is a difference between choosing to play a line-up and having to because there is no other option on your roster. IU has a couple of slots open, it would be silly not to use one for a back-up center. Not sure you are argueing against that, I just want to see IU have a complete roster for the first time in forever and not have to count on everything going according to plan, because it never does.  

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

You are probably right, but there is a difference between choosing to play a line-up and having to because there is no other option on your roster. IU has a couple of slots open, it would be silly not to use one for a back-up center. Not sure you are argueing against that, I just want to see IU have a complete roster for the first time in forever and not have to count on everything going according to plan, because it never does.  

IU is going to sign a back up big for an insurance policy as a worst case scenario which is probably best case scenario for us fans as it forces Woodson to stagger Ballo and Reneau's minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

That is about best case scenario, imo. Should be the deepest, most well-rounded roster in a long time. No superstars, but a lot of quality. If Woodson pulls this off, he won the off-season with an A+. 

I think we might have a good chance to get Hemenway and that is because he is from Indiana but landing a quality big to play backup minutes ain’t happening.  We might be lucky if we got a Tom Pritchard type from his freshman & sophomore years, I hope I am wrong.  But we do need another big that is why I suggested a JC or try to get a big that just finished his freshman man year and is already used to a backup role.  You could sell him on the development part by his junior or senior year.  

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Look I get I don't know the details... but moving from Ft Myers to Fairfax Co VA to play at George Mason isn't for me. 

I did not see him ending up at...George Mason. I know he visited Indiana and Florida State, sure he had other big names looking at him. Interesting move for sure. 

Just now, Magisterium said:

Would Ryan Mutombo be a possibility? Apparently transferring from Georgetown, originally from Ya’s Atlanta area fwiw. I assume he’s related to Dikembe M.

Dikembe's son. 

From other posters, apparently he is not very good at basketball. Should be a hard pass.