Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey you reminiscing natives!

Please veer this thread back toward Transfer Portal w IU Interest in the near future.

Pleeeeeze?

I live up here in Kosciusko County and I approve this message.

Also FWIW, I think the Twitter burners have fulfilled their obligatory contracts to reach “true fans” and denounce the other fans.  Back to regularly scheduled off-season programming.

Im certain the contract will be renewed gosh forbid we hit a rocky patch next season.  Let’s hope for all of our sakes we can avoid this.  

59 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Wow we can have name calling but can't discuss areas in which we live that was tied to a current recruit in the portal talking with our staff about joining the basketball team. 

Young grasshopper learn quickly!   lol

7 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

I am interested in watching the Hatton recruiting.  I went to High school with his dad and my son played 8th grade BBall for his dad.  

His Dad was a UK fan I think but his grandpa was an IU fan.  So at least he had some good mentoring in life.

Hatton had shown steady improvement

A native Hoosier!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He’s our break glass in case of injury backup big. If either Ballo or Malik got hurt he’s then a 15 mpg player. If they don’t he’s a five mpg guy (except for against cupcakes). 

A full time starter at Bellarmine with some finesse.

He needs to be significantly better than Sparks, which is likely though not guaranteed.

He's also a local kid, which is not necessary but is nice. We’re up to four in-state Hoosiers with a chance at a fifth.

I'm higher on Langdon Hatton than most on here.  Bellarmine starting letting get up a few threes last year and he made 33% (15 of 45).  He was a four year varsity player at North Harrison and the three point shooting he started showing last year isn't just something that showed up -- he was a 39% three point shooter in high school with a signficant number of attempts.  Pretty good for a 6'10" kid.  I also like that a player like him offers more flexibility than players we have had like Sparks and Durr who were overpowering players at mid majors.  I think Hatton's game translates better because it isn't really based on being more physically imposting.

A couple of other notes about Hatton:  Bellarmine's slower pace make his stats look a little lesser than they actually are.  KenPom has Hatton in the top 500 D1 players in 5 categories:

1.  offensive rebounding rate (463rd)

2.  defensive rebounding rate (252nd)

3.  turnover rate (187th)

4.  block rate (355th)

5.  fouls committed (as in NOT committing fouls)  (444th)