Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I suspect that since we have a ton of guards destined to return after the coming year and Mullins is our priority recruit, the only way we'd fill that 13th spot with a guard would be if it was a one year rental. A developmental or foreign big would be a much better use of that 13th spot.

Without question.  We know Leal can offer some. Maybe Newton can offer. We are fine at guard. Find a foreign big.  I still think it’s crazy not to fill 13 in this day and age if the money is there. The backup big situation has me far more worried than the average fan because the injury bug always seems to find us and our front court is hella thin.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Without question.  We know Leal can offer some. Maybe Newton can offer. We are fine at guard. Find a foreign big.  I still think it’s crazy not to fill 13 in this day and age if the money is there. The backup big situation has me far more worried than the average fan because the injury bug always seems to find us and our front court is hella thin.  

Norlander just today says 11 is the new 13.  So who knows.  Gotta at least get a serviceable 5.  I guess that seems likely to be Hatton. We’ll see. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Norlander just today says 11 is the new 13.  So who knows.  Gotta at least get a serviceable 5.  I guess that seems likely to be Hatton. We’ll see. 

Following this thought experiment.  The only reason not to fill 13 is unhappy players but if the role and money is good enough then you minimize that in spots 11-13.  So to me if the money is there you still take 13.  But I’m also the guy that likes to play 8 instead of 10.  

anyway, we need another big.  

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Following this thought experiment.  The only reason not to fill 13 is unhappy players but if the role and money is good enough then you minimize that in spots 11-13.  So to me if the money is there you still take 13.  But I’m also the guy that likes to play 8 instead of 10.  

anyway, we need another big.  

If MW only plays 8 instead of 10, I think we stay with 11 or 12, no need to get 13.  But we all know MW wants to play 10, and I think he finally has the depth for that, but he does need a backup big if he’s dead set on playing 10

22 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think we should use the last two spots on 2 bigs, one with 1 or 2 years and one that is a freshman or sophomore so we can develop him

It is May. Finding a freshman or sophomore big that’s worthy of a roster spot because there’s a real chance for development is unlikely.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It is May. Finding a freshman or sophomore big that’s worthy of a roster spot because there’s a real chance for development is unlikely.

I don’t know.  Perhaps Call Crean.  He can help us steal a Priller from committing to Incarnate World U. 

Edited by HoosierMoore

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Perhaps a freshman is unlikely but there maybe a sophomore in the portal.  Why not a JC player that just finished their freshman year?

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This is a friend's daughter. She is doing some good things in the media school. She has always told people she wants to be married to an NBA player so it could still happen. 

The players like it. I think it's cool. These interviews are super relaxed and "real". Also, she's giving "shout outs" to local food businesses too. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Haven't heard any more news on Hatton. People are taking his addition as a given, but it seems as though there should be some news of movement and/or a visit. 

I am friends with his dad on Facebook.  He posted a while back excited when it was mentioned UL was talking to him (his son).  Nothing on the IU recruitment so I don't know.  I know his dad is die hard UK fan.  So, who knows.  

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

I am friends with his dad on Facebook.  He posted a while back excited when it was mentioned UL was talking to him.  Nothing on the IU recruitment so I don't know.  I know his dad is die hard UK fan.  So, who knows.  

Well ****. The board officially assigns you "mission-find out."

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Several have asked him, but he is saying nothing for now.  

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

f'ing dorks in Harrison, Scott, Washington, Clark, and Jefferson counties liking UK/UL is a dumb look. 

"I'm a UK fan"

Bro-- you live in Corydon, INDIANA, and have never been to a UK game at Rupp, no you aren't. 

Sorry Pet peeve