Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Why are people worried about what a former poster that nobody listened to anyway or agreed with in the first place enough to post screenshots of their Twitter account? Just let him post his noise elsewhere.  I hardly paid attention to it when it was on here I’m certainly not going to go out of my way to find it elsewhere.  

it's our way to get this page to 100 before our next commit.

1 hour ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Clarification please. Portal closes next month. That just means for guys entering, correct? Players can  commit throughout spring, into summer?

As long as your name is in the portal, you're set.

I think we could see some more Bryson Tucker example such as players holding out for the highest dollar amount. 

23 minutes ago, Trish said:

I think we could see some more Bryson Tucker example such as players holding out for the highest dollar amount. 

So the question is, how much of the NIL money left will buy 6 players, with two of them being potential starters? Might be a very interesting roster for next season and not in a good way. I don't see Woodson's offense working without a NBA caliber center.

9 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

So the question is, how much of the NIL money left will buy 6 players, with two of them being potential starters? Might be a very interesting roster for next season and not in a good way. I don't see Woodson's offense working without a NBA caliber center.

Doesn't seem like we have been able to "buy" anyone yet.  Going to be a long offseason.  

5 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Doesn't seem like we have been able to "buy" anyone yet.  Going to be a long offseason.  

There must be a lot of behind the scenes negotiation going on eh? I agree with you ... a long offseason. I am more excited for IU football than I am next IU basketball season.

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

We made Tony Perkins today 6 list. So that’s good.

What's the scuttlebutt on Perkins?  Have we told him that we have a couple of targets ahead of him for our starting point guard role or is he hoping to land somewhere else, and we are his fallback option?  

27 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

I imagine they have to use some to even get a conversation going with some players, so likely have to take that into account. 

I am willing to let it play out but I am glad my job is not on the line (unless I had that huge buyout).  If MR, MM and Gallo all improve from last year then we need to add 2 more starters.  Maybe one is that dynamic PG we all see the need for but the other spot may dictate what style of offense we run next year.  If we get a back to the basket 5, well we know what that means, but if we get a guy like the Evansville 4/5 who can step out to the perimeter then that creates room in the lane for MR, maybe Tucker too.  Fun to watch, but if we are hoping to sit at the table with the big dogs and they say no again, could be ruff.

59 minutes ago, Trish said:

I wonder if it’s less about that, and more he simply didn’t want to participate in the farce of attending school but Ignite folding forced his hand to Europe or school. It seems like generally speaking, NIL funds are relatively finite for freshmen and would be more limited if you wait until you’re the last Top-50 player on the board. I think that’s probably why we got him. Our coffer is still full. I dunno, just my thoughts on it.

43 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

Woodson will just go back to the Simons and Cooks to pony up a few million more. It’s not his money, so what is a few million more among friends 

Kanaan Carlyle visiting in a couple weeks.

i shouldn’t be surprised that a staff that doesn’t understand basketball analytics doesn’t take at least some “money ball” approach to recruitng.  

underwhelming player imo.  Another poor shooting guard.