Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Did you see the Tucker kid's comments at the McD practice?  He is going to be a starter.  I guarantee he was told he would be a starter.  That kid has the number 1 goal of getting to the NBA ASAP.  That doesn't happen as a bench role player.  Any starting lineup that anyone is putting together has 3 players locked in already.  Tucker, Mgbako, and Reneau are all starting.  

I did not read Tucker's McDonald's All-American practice quotes but I'll take your word for it. I have no doubt Bryson Tucker was promised a certain role and I have no doubt he believes that will happen. It probably will. He will probably be starting. I do think that lots of promises are made, some are kept. 

33 minutes ago, HoosierHuddle said:

I did not read Tucker's McDonald's All-American practice quotes but I'll take your word for it. I have no doubt Bryson Tucker was promised a certain role and I have no doubt he believes that will happen. It probably will. He will probably be starting. I do think that lots of promises are made, some are kept. 

If Mgbako was promised a starting role, he was probably surprised that by December, he was starting but had played only 9 minutes against Louisville and had a 13 and 14 minute game soon thereafter.

17 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Lol... he needs help...

We've talked about him for almost a week now. Of course the one still playing is Conway. Everyone know IU has told his camp they want him bad. It's known that IU has told his camp they have a big bag waiting for him. It's not brain surgery here. Tyson is probably going to UNC though if they want him

3 hours ago, SamIam said:

In three games played without KW, Malik had 34, 28, and 21 points. 2 of the games we played horrible defense, and 1 of them we held Illinois to 70. I think it's worth a shot, just get a backup 5 that can protect the rim. 

Malik as a 5 offensively would wreak havoc on the B10. He’s almost automatic in single coverage 5 feet from the rim.

Honestly, I don't care who starts or who comes off the bench if we have talent the minutes are proportional to the talent we are playing against.

IMO, the wild card is Galloway for a two reasons:  

1.  He can play the 1, 2, or 3 if needed.  Doesn't really matter if he starts or comes off the bench, being able to play multiple spots gets you on court a lot.

2.  If he regains his shooting touch from his junior year, that is a big step up.

2 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

3 hours old so likely not news here but if we were holding out hope for Thornton that candle has been extinguished......

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/120/Contents/ohio-states-bruce-thornton-to-return-for-his-junior-season-229785938/?page=1

And Meechie Johnson just announced his transfer back to OSU.  

2 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

3 hours old so likely not news here but if we were holding out hope for Thornton that candle has been extinguished......

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/120/Contents/ohio-states-bruce-thornton-to-return-for-his-junior-season-229785938/?page=1

Honestly assumed that would be the case since they hired Diebler.  Think Scotty Middleton from Ohio State is worth a look though.  Entered the portal a couple of days ago.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4711279/scotty-middleton

Just now, Napleshoosier said:

Saw today where FAU’s center is entering the portal.  May just be so he can go to Michigan with Dusty.  Goldyn is his name.

Later said he wasn't entering portal but will enter NBA draft

Reality check fellas.  As of 5:30 pm today, we ain't got squat.  Still have 6 open spots. 
A couple of cancelled visits.  A rumored fly in to see a kid who lives in town.  And only 2, maybe 3 players to be named later when the tourney finals are completed.  
Who would think a guy who went 0-31 (or ok 1-32) with HS recruits would be hitting them out of the portal park.  

PS:  If my track record is any good, it should mean we get a commit tonight.  :)       

Hickman seems likely based on reading tea leaves. But who really knows.

What I do know is the goalposts on what constitutes success in portal have already began shifting.

Still waiting on guys to portal I guess. No Bruce Thornton so far. Where is the elite rim protecting bigs we thought we could challenge for?

I’m going to remain mildly optimistic because what choice do I have.

Rabby seems to think things aren’t going great for us relative to expectations but it also seems Woody is trying to ICE rabby and keep him out of the loop as much as possible.

I thought the bar should be to create a top 25 preseason team considering we have top 5 Nil, that shouldn’t be too hard.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

Lol... he needs help...

This is the thing:  I posted about him deleting posts to remove references to Danny Wolf coming to IU.  The point of me doing that had nothing to do with Wolf and everything to do showing that he is still lurking on this board.  Looks like he took the bait.

Also looks like he also is responding to the poster here (don't recall who) who had innocently asked if Ya had indeed coached Rice.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rabby seems to think things aren’t going great for us relative to expectations but it also seems Woody is trying to ICE rabby and keep him out of the loop as much as possible.

Seems about par for the course. If you ain't pumping sunshine, you don't matter.