Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 minute ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I know that we all been saying it and Woody has to been hearing it.  However why does a potential portal pick up thinks Woody would listen to a word about his inside out offense?  

So the portal pickup didn't say this to Woody, he was mentioning it to friends. 

10 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I'd buy that it was a combo of #1 an #2 but we said it was #4. On #3 as others have pointed out, little to no chance we were going to host a game, but didn't we decline to host in 2017 and played at Ga. Tech? The point remains....we got rolled.

I really hope there was solid reasoning behind it. Because if a program that's performed like Indiana has for the last 20 years simultaneously sticks with Woodson while also feeling it's too good for and/or above the NIT, we're much farther into la la land than I thought.

We gain nothing by playing

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As Rabby and Eric said on HH podcast they just released. It's very hard to get guards and shooters to come play in this style of offense. It doesn't matter if you have lots of money to pay.

Also whenever you have to use name-calling to get your point across, you are usually the idiot. 

Who all is he calling names now?

https://twitter.com/Tyme1299218/status/1774959085902766535

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yes, that game was at GT and it was big sad. We hosted in 2019, won 2 games, then lost to Wichita in the quarterfinals.

Didn't Romeo sit out due to back issues if a recall? 

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, I don't reply.  I figure it is the other side of the divide.  Eventually it will all play out.  I take a negative view of next year, we'll see how it goes.

So basically just Rice which we've all been talking about for days. 

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The Tyme (NGW?) dude on Twitter (X) is implying everyone worried about the canceled visits are idiots and the real discussions are going on through back channels with guys nobody is paying attention to.

Whoever runs that account better be right because he has been going after quite a few of the IU bloggers/reporters in comments.  If dude is wrong he is begging to get dunked on by a whole bunch of people.

Honestly, at the end of the day, I think that the system is already broken and so is the roster.  I don't know if it matters much who you get in here because some of the guys who stuck around when mixed with this coaching staff points to problems I am already seeing no matter who they bring in through the portal.

If wrong he will just delete the account and or resurface under a different name.  I am morbidly fascinated by this offseason.  Tyme/NGW is pretty much on an island with his take but I will give him credit for being confident in his ideas.  If he has ears within the program and knows things we do not AND if he is right in stating we will end up leading the pack in building a powerhouse via the portal then cool. Him being solo in this crusade and the recent deleting of tweets about players that did not list us as a finalist lead me to believe he will be trying to convince people that average players we sign later are going to be great.  I am open to the idea that this may be the new way forward much like Cal and Duke did initially in the one and done era.  They rebuilt year after year with high end freshman so there is certainly a way to do this with more veteran players via the portal.  Can our staff pull it off, seems questionable but we will know soon enough.  

If he is wrong and we swing and miss mightily then that should get us a coaching change.  I am fine with either scenario and am just sitting back wondering which one will materialize.  

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Thanks. I'm blocked, I must be a hater

I'm also blocked... he didn't like being called NGW on Twitter :farting_smiley:

Edit: He also was hilariously tweeting some random guy's profile picture at me, because he was convinced I was that person's burner account... because that's definitely not something he'd do himself... and no way multiple people could take issue with what he states as if it's so certain. 

His behavior legitimately concerns me, tbh

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Thanks. I'm blocked, I must be a hater

The thing he apparently doesn't realize is that every "source" that isn't the player themselves, is biased.  He may have a connection to the staff and they may be doing everything he says, however, that doesn't mean the staff has a correct read of the situation either.

They may truly be passing up all the kids out there right now because they think they got a bigger fish on the hook.  That is a gamble and if they don't land that bass and all the best blue gills get caught up while they are chasing their white whales, it will leave them with a bunch of useless bait to throw at guppies.

I never give you guys **** for posting what you hear because I think it is shared in good faith and you aren't an @$$ about it.  I also realize that whomever is sharing with you has first person bias.  They only know what they know and if what they know isn't coming directly from the player himself, we'll, they may be wrong (and the players can even change their mind).

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The thing he apparently doesn't realize is that every "source" that isn't the player themselves, is biased.  He may have a connection to the staff and they may be doing everything he says, however, that doesn't mean the staff has a correct read of the situation either.

They may truly be passing up all the kids out there right now because they think they got a bigger fish on the hook.  That is a gamble and if they don't land that bass and all the best blue gills get caught up while they are chasing their white whales, it will leave them with a bunch of useless bait to throw at guppies.

I never give you guys **** for posting what you hear because I think it is shared in good faith and you aren't an @$$ about it.  I also realize that whomever is sharing with you has first person bias.  They only know what they know and if what they know isn't coming directly from the player himself, we'll, they may be wrong (and the players can even change their mind).

With our staff the only fish they have been catching lately is crappie

Just now, btownqb said:

Romeo played for Archie. 

This game was Crean's last game. 

Ah so maybe I am better than I thought I was. I wasn't factoring in Romeo in my post .... only the GA Tech game, which I remembered being Crean's last. I strayed from the Romeo discussion, my fault. 

25 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Nice analogy!  This staff seems to be only attracted to the big fish and doesn’t seem to look at the smaller fish.  If your analogy is correct, then they obviously didn’t learn their lesson by striking out on Fland and Queen should have changed their recruiting direction.  Sometimes you need to consider that the “sum can be greater than the parts”!

38 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If wrong he will just delete the account and or resurface under a different name.  I am morbidly fascinated by this offseason.  Tyme/NGW is pretty much on an island with his take but I will give him credit for being confident in his ideas.  If he has ears within the program and knows things we do not AND if he is right in stating we will end up leading the pack in building a powerhouse via the portal then cool. Him being solo in this crusade and the recent deleting of tweets about players that did not list us as a finalist lead me to believe he will be trying to convince people that average players we sign later are going to be great.  I am open to the idea that this may be the new way forward much like Cal and Duke did initially in the one and done era.  They rebuilt year after year with high end freshman so there is certainly a way to do this with more veteran players via the portal.  Can our staff pull it off, seems questionable but we will know soon enough.  

If he is wrong and we swing and miss mightily then that should get us a coaching change.  I am fine with either scenario and am just sitting back wondering which one will materialize.  

Right now, everything is pointing to our coaching staff swinging and missing.  Chasing sliders in the dirt instead of sitting on dead red!

43 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Is he already deleting tweets? That's never a good sign