Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Honestly what is the best case scenario for Dolson or the BoT at this point? Do they really think Woodson is the guy we should entrust the future of our program to? 

I don't think they want the black eye of having to fire an IU guy. Then again maybe that's the kind if thing to force them to make a serious hire.

37 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Greenspan was amazing at hires… Tracy smith, Sampson, few others, fired Davis.. built cook hall, enclosed the north end zone… just didn’t have anything in place to help safeguard from a Sampson implosion.

Was good at fundraising, spoke ill of Purdump in public, sat next to Roger Penske in front row of Assembly Hall

Dakich he isn't wrong.

Last year I told you about Woodson’s ineptness, laziness , CNN watching and lack of coaching acumen His daughter responded.. the coward

@IndyStarSports

columnist wrote about me “getting owned” Are you starting to see what I’ve been telling you.. the truth I laid out ps .. not only about Woodson but the coward as well The

@indystar

never gets it right..personal attacks

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Woodson needn't be fired... but Buckner needs to step up and have a "come to Jesus" meeting with Woodson... and convince him to quit. Whatever it takes, Woodson needs to be done TODAY.

Save face if necessary, just get Woodson the h### out of here.

At least we have Armond Hill.

"In 1991, Hill entered the collegiate level by returning to his alma mater Princeton as an assistant coach under Pete Carril. In 1995, he succeeded Jack Rohan as head coach at Columbia University. In eight seasons as head coach of the Lions, Hill was unable to lead the team to a winning campaign and compiled a 72–141 record. On March 10, 2003, two days after Columbia finished with a 2–25 record (0–14 in Ivy League play), the worst season in the school's 103-year basketball history, Hill was fired."

54 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Ideally Dolson would grow a pair and make a great hire.

The reality is that the power structure in place dictates that the BOT, lead by Buckner has the authority to hire whomever they (he) chooses... which is how we got here in the first place... and I don't see any scenario where (1) this crap-tastic experiment continues for another year or two, and (2) whoever the next hire is will have the same distorted view of who's the best candidate.

What gives me hope, assuming a number of previous posts are true, is that Stevens was plan “A” and the BOT/administration showed their seriousness by offering him a boatload of cash. 

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

From his days on the Knicks I always thought he was good at development.  I just don't think he's putting the time necessary to win consistently.  

I also wonder if he has a coach that has the guts to tell him he's wrong from time to time.  

Maybe that guy was fired?  

I have zero trust in Woodson being the coach that turns Indiana around. He got to the tournament his first year with Archie’s guys before getting blown out by 30 to St. Mary’s. Second year provided mediocre run to the second round with an offense from 2010. Third year it’s a complete ship wreck without TJD. 

The program is stale, uninspiring, and has a very bleak future. Do kids want to come play for a grandpa that believes in mid range jump shots in 2024? 

He has to go. Dusty May needs to make another run next month. If he does, Woodson needs to be let go and Dusty needs to be brought in. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Apparently Trilly just stated that some prominent boosters are starting to get noisy. I really don't think it happens this year even though it should, but it will get interesting nonetheless.

Like that picture, Woody is going to feel the heat.  Hopefully he says fk it and retires.  

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Who would you guys like to make the hire.  If it has to be within IU I would say I would like the President to do it (in this instance). I just don't have any faith in the athletic department and trustees at this point.  

Sounded like she was heavily involved with the Cig hire, so there's that.  

35 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Honestly what is the best case scenario for Dolson or the BoT at this point? Do they really think Woodson is the guy we should entrust the future of our program to? 

Woodson was always a stop gap hire, not a future of the program hire.  Gap is tearing wide open now.  

Pumpers: At least things can’t get worse
Woody: hold my Ensure

Stevens won’t have anything to do with this program (and hasn’t for awhile) despite what some “insiders” might feed you. Why would he ever want to leave a franchise that does it the right way to a college program that doesn’t know it’s @$$ from a hole in the ground.

Once you realize what has been going on for awhile the more entertaining it becomes in a “the real housewives of Medellin” kind of way. The few minutes I caught of the game today had me laughing.

30 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Maybe that guy was fired?  

I mean we moved on but he took us to the playoffs.  We look at him fondly in Knicks nation.  Just shocked what he was so good at New York he has trouble doing in IU. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Stevens won’t have anything to do with this program (and hasn’t for awhile) despite what some “insiders” might feed you. Why would he ever want to leave a franchise that does it the right way to a college program that doesn’t know it’s @$$ from a hole in the ground.

Once you realize what has been going on for awhile the more entertaining it becomes in a “the real housewives of Medellin” kind of way. The few minutes I caught of the game today had me laughing.

Stevens has no desire to coach college anywhere

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Results haven't looked great this season at Notre Dame, but I would take Shrews - a Stevens disciple - in a heart-beat.  The man gets the most out of his squads and has learned from some of the best in Painter and Stevens.