Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

FAU beats UConn to go to the sweet sixteen and that moves the needle to fire Woodson and hire Dusty. ( Wishful thinking )
The ship has sailed just like it did with Matta and stevens. At this point we would be lucky to get the guy from Indiana State. Iu is the old boys club where they take care of their buddies.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, DLG3 said:

I came here to post the article, then saw you already had. Great read! A lot of nostalgia for me, having played at EG. I’m still going through the grieving process that Dusty will be at UL. I wouldn’t do this for anyone else, but I’ll be pulling for them because of him. Mark my words: IU will live to regret it.

Side note, but I thought I would be over Woodson coming back by now, but I’m not. I refuse to enter the acceptance part of grief and am stuck in the anger stage. First time I can remember feeling this negative towards IU basketball. I’ve never just transferred my fandom away, even through so many thin years. But I’m right there right now.

I guess what I’m saying is…Fire Woodson!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

FIRE WOODSON! 

no way woody doesn't get fired after next year if we don't make the tourney. 

question is: do we fire him if we finish in the top 4-5 in the B1G w/ another 2nd round loss? 

I still think he gets fired unless he either wins the B1G or makes it to the sweet 16 or elite 8 - neither of which is probably gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Adillac said:

question is: do we fire him if we finish in the top 4-5 in the B1G w/ another 2nd round loss? 

I still think he gets fired unless he either wins the B1G or makes it to the sweet 16 or elite 8 - neither of which is probably gonna happen.

A majority of IU fans have lowered the bar so low that if IU makes the tourney, he stays. In fact, “true” fans will tell us toxic fans…..I told you so.

8 minutes ago, Adillac said:

No they don't, they probably have an lifetime extension ready just in case.

7 minutes ago, Adillac said:

There is no planet on earth where Woody gets us to the tournament next year, let alone a S16 or E8, and IU "fires" him.

Barring something extraordinary happening, I think it's fairly certain whenever Woodson leaves, it will be him "retiring."

If the crux of your question is do we see him leaving after next year if we finish top 4-5 and finish in 2nd round? Who knows... I'd think so, because he could leave with his head held high (whether you agree with those standards/expectations is a different conversation)... not because he's being pushed out the door. But who knows... so much time until the end of next season.