Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, RoncalliHoosier said:

Pretty much reduces me to tears.

My ignorant optimism wants me to believe this is Dusty / his camp saying “come save me, Scotty D!”

15 hours ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Did they really ask Woodson about the portal being "a consideration"? The portal is plan A, plan B, plan C and plan D. He has not other options.

Plan B Hyper players and heck they might not even want to play for Woody.

33 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

At this point if you haven’t watch better part of 8 seasons, why haven’t you adopted another team?

Who’s to say I haven’t? I follow a couple other programs pretty closely. Some of that is born out of IU being awful most of the time. Some of it is for other reasons. 

Having grown up an IU fan, none of it is quite the same even though IU gives you very little to cheer about. 

15 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Questions like this are just so incredibly stupid. 

“Nah, I thought they’d stomp a new hole in our @$$. Saw this one coming!”

Problem is he probably really believes the part about getting a new one stomped in their *****. as you know, they beat us two times earlier this year by double digits and we can’t stop the Japanese Curry. Yeah I really didn’t think we were gonna win this game.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Problem is he probably really believes the part about getting a new one stomped in their *****. as you know, they beat us two times earlier this year by double digits and we can’t stop the Japanese Curry. Yeah I really didn’t think we were gonna win this game.

Japanese curry?

Untitled.jpg

15 hours ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Mike Woodson saying that he is going to reject an NIT bid is like me saying that I am going to reject a date with Margot Robbie. Neither of us was going to get that invite to begin with.

Mike Woodson could get a date with Margot Robbie if we wanted because he is Mike Woodson.

5 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

19-14 is not a fireable offense after back to back tourney appearances. It’s just not. Having 0 recruits coming in, getting blown out numerous numerous times, and have the overall trajectory of the program trending way down is. I’m watching Nebraska make it rain from 3 last night and Indiana going down the other in and packing it in the post for 2s and weak @$$ takes to the rim. This offensive philosophy is flawed and out dated. It’s not going to change. Mike Woodson is not going to change. 

1 tournament win in three years and a 31-29 conference record is 100% fireable at a real basketball school. You think you’re getting a fourth year at Duke, kansas, etc. with that?

8 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Just have to constantly stay up on this board even though it’s been slow. I know as soon as Yeagley gives his update it’s going to pop off for 20 pages. 

This is the mode I'm in.

Holding out hope that maybe, just maybe the AD or IU Admin isn't so disturbingly and infuriatingly inept or moronic as to actually keep Mick Woolson for another year. Hoping the "Yeagley" post will bring that kind of good news. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

1 tournament win in three years and a 31-29 conference record is 100% fireable at a real basketball school. You think you’re getting a fourth year at Duke, kansas, etc. with that?

To be fair Indiana is not in the same breath as those schools in today’s college basketball landscape. This has been the status quo at Indiana for 25 years or so. They could be if they got serious…