Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

12 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Darryl Dawkins Once claimed to be from the planet Lovetron, where he spent the off-season practicing "interplanetary funkmanship"

aka "Chocolate Thunder" or "Zondukan".

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Not defending d d coaching a abilities in the slightest. That being said that is not fair. That team didn't play hard after sampson was fired. I believe it has been confirmed by certain players themselves. Gordon was injured and I think dj white was still trying. You can't win if over half your team wants to lose

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

That team has Final Four capabilities.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I've taken a break to recover from 2 days of bad news... most of my scrolling revealed a lot of bickering.... anything of substance I should know that I may have missed?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Chris is still holding out hope the Woodson announcement was just to calm all the Pearl/May chatter that was blowing up and that they'll still evaluate after the season.

7 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

We are not Duke or UK and that plan hasn’t been working that well for anyway. Both looking little better but tourney success has been hard. 

UNC brought in 5 transfers and moved 7 out after a bad year. Utah State just won conference with 9 transfers.  There are examples all over the place. 

There is no doubt this is route College BB is going.

now, I get it, most are in the Woody couldn’t coach or land them anyway. Different conversation. 

Define not working well for awhile.  Duke made a coaching change from an all time great to a former player, kept their recruiting style, and are currently (or were before UNC beat them last night) a consensus Top 10 team.  Kentucky was sitting around Top 15.  The Top 25 is littered with programs that have built a core and supplemented with portal players.  What you are suggesting we are about to try has not been anywhere near as successful.

Woodson may be a savant who is about to revolutionize the game or he may be an idiot who dug himself a hole so deep that a Hail Mary is his only chance to succeed now.  Which do you think is the more likely scenario?  My guess, we are looking up at Duke again next year with their "hasn't worked well" approach. 

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Guys, at Duke the students and fans threw bottles of water at the UNC players. But at IU we're sooooooooooo much more toxic. That's sarcasm @Ngw7183

Now give that fanbase our results over even just a 6 year period and what do we think they look like?

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Woodson needing 3 years to figure out how much work coaching college takes isn't much of a defense IMO. Frankly I think it's just emphasizes that he never should've been hired.

He's either lazy, inept, or just too old to put the necessary energy into it. I watched a lot of college bball yesterday. Sure seemed to me like most coaches thought it was their job to run plays to get players shots. Weird...

43 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I've taken a break to recover from 2 days of bad news... most of my scrolling revealed a lot of bickering.... anything of substance I should know that I may have missed?

Most still want Woodson fired.

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

He's either lazy, inept, or just too old to put the necessary energy into it. I watched a lot of college bball yesterday. Sure seemed to me like most coaches thought it was their job to run plays to get players shots. Weird...

Not sure it's an age thing, Pearl is in his 60s and seems to have the energy.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

To add to what was said we are also waiting on mr yeagley to come back and post thoughts after he recovers from girls loss in BTT

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Serious question: Is anyone else sincerely offended by this crap? Woodson can't cut it so his solution is to rent a team for next season? It's purely and simply trying to find a shortcut because he's too lazy to do the work.

At the very least, this team will not be "your Indiana Hoosiers"... they will be "the group of players that your Indiana Hoosiers purchased"... and then, what happens next year when they are replaced by a new slate of rented players?

Maybe it's just because I am old, but this is ridiculous... 

This is exactly how I feel.  I love watching HS basketball and I love it even more when we are recruiting certain Indiana kids I can go watch.  Now I don’t care if we get all Indiana kids, I’m not that guy, but the kids we recruit and then come here seem to be more of a family member than a rented kid for one year.  Maybe I’m old also and am just set in my ways but damn, cmon.  Just like TG, love that guy, been watching him since he was in HS.  I am also not against bringing in a few portal kids to help the team, but this is ridiculous.

Edited by Cd71

8 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Yep that team still could have done damage in the ncaa. Probably not win it but elite 8. That team was 22-4 when he took over. The only proven thing is former knight players aren't good coaches. Alford probably is the best.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I'd have to argue Coach K was pretty good.

45 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

They were offering their rivals refreshment to keep from being dehydrated after a long game. How dare you question the motives of such a docile fan base.

I'm sure their Minister of Information Bilas has said as such.

Much the same way that RMK was just offering a little old lady a chair back in 1985.

Bob-Knight-chair-1985.png?fit=1000,562&s