Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

This is how you pass the page count numbers when there isn't really anything new to discuss.

Woodson needs to go! 

I'm all for it, where's the Go Fund Me account? (And I loved him as a player, as a coach, not so much)

1 hour ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

This is the guy I was thinking of, he coached nearby at Blue River Valley before getting the A.D. job at Randolph Southern.

https://www.pal-item.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/15/hallatt-hopes-help-another-small-school-randolph-southern/567611001/

Correct. He was on the coaching staff for a few years around the time I was at BRV. 

1 hour ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

This is the guy I was thinking of, he coached nearby at Blue River Valley before getting the A.D. job at Randolph Southern.

https://www.pal-item.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/15/hallatt-hopes-help-another-small-school-randolph-southern/567611001/

Talking my area now.....Union City graduate.

48 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Current Ellettsville resident and two kids at Edgewood and a BIL a middle school teacher/coach. I’ll buy everyone around of fried mushrooms from Pizza Pantry if Woodson is gone be end of March lol 

I feel like we probably know each other too and I'm holding you accountable for the mushrooms. Love the Pantry. When my wife goes out of town the first thing I usually do his hit the liquor store and pizza pantry

Thinking about IU basketball, Mike Woodson, and Scott Dolson today made me think of one of my favorite NewsRadio episodes.  One of the broadcasters, Bill McNeal, was called adequate in an article.  He kept trying to act like adequate was a compliment, while others tried to explain it was not.  Mike Woodson's results his first 2 years were adequate, not good, not great, and definitely not outstanding.  Inexplicably, IU gave him a raise and another year on his contract.  Has the administration's goal for the basketball program been set so low that adequate in the first 2 years and below adequate in year 3 automatically gets a coach a 4th year?  Will we be happy with adequate again in year 4?  The thought sickens me that something I once enjoyed immensely is in the hands of caretakers that are fine with adequate. 

53 minutes ago, Willkie71 said:

Haha, I got that analogy thinking about my Kentucky relatives.  It's been tough being around them at family get togethers the last few years, but all I have to do to change the conversation is bring up "The Wat Shot". That gets them riled up every time, still haven't gotten over that, LOL

I went to a weekend at my wife’s Uncle lake house in 2015 about an hour south of Louisville. Big UK/Louisville fans, and of course they were blowing me sh!t about the state of IU basketball.

I promptly turned, went into the house . . . everyone thought I was mad - until I came back out wearing this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/mCNn1GiqArNMmH4h9

Then we turned the discussion to hookers . . . what do you know, everyone all of a sudden was talking about ski boats! Lol