Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

On 2/29/2024 at 12:56 PM, Demo said:

How do you create a poll? I ask because I’m dying to poll the question:

“What is the grossest, most soul-sucking thread in BTB history?”

The nominees:

A) Fire Coach Woodson 

B) There is no B

I have to nominate "Mike Woodson to be next bb coach" coming on the heels of the thread that was Brad Stevens.  Tough call.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Oh I know. I'm 40 minutes from joining. Happy Friday!! 

Sometimes people get fired on Friday afternoons so security can walk them out. I am not anticipating that today

Will be working a fish fry in a couple of hours. Our fryer tent usually has a cooler of beer.

we talk about having “beer battered fish”, but usually the cooks end up more beer battered than the filets do.

Just now, TadQueasy said:

My post is reasonable.  The end of the season is not here yet.  We will see what happens then.  

Your post is unreasonable.  you are acting as if they decision to bring him back has already been made.  There are too many moving parts right now for that to be true.  

We can agree to disagree.  I hope you are correct, but I think the decision to give Woodson a 4th year having been made already is certainly a possibility.  

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

We can agree to disagree.  I hope you are correct, but I think the decision to give Woodson a 4th year having been made already is certainly a possibility.  

What do you base your assumption on?

I am at a field trials in Texas right now and one day behind on the board but I try to keep in shape running my dog in competition at 78 years old 
My uncles had retrievers and pointers. I used to go to Field trials with them when I was kid. I enjoyed it

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Just now, 8bucks said:

What do you base your assumption on?

1. Raise last summer
  2. Woodson stating he's not going anywhere
  3. Chris saying as of now, the plan is for Woodson to return
  4. Field of 68 stating no plan to replace Woodson

Those 4 make it easy for a pessimist to assume the worst. 

11 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

My post is reasonable.  The end of the season is not here yet.  We will see what happens then.  

Your post is unreasonable.  you are acting as if they decision to bring him back has already been made.  There are too many moving parts right now for that to be true.  

Scott Dolson can have the decision made in his head.  And he likely has.  He's not telling anyone until it's done.  He just needs to execute it and that won't be until the end of the season.  If he has any sanity at all, his decision is to let Woodson go.  How that happens will be up to Woodson.  

13 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Will be working a fish fry in a couple of hours. Our fryer tent usually has a cooler of beer.

we talk about having “beer battered fish”, but usually the cooks end up more beer battered than the filets do.

That is how our church fish fry goes every year!

23 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

1. I don't have any information, nor am I 100% on either side of this debate. Not sure I want CMW back, not sure I don't.

2. It may well be that he knows already that he's gone. Why would he be out recruiting for another coach? That coach is going to want guys who fit into his culture and style of play.

3. It may well be that he knows he only has one more year to turn this around, and feels he can't worry about developing guys that won't help him get it done next year. Consequently, his focus is solely on the portal.

4. Regardless of what happens, I see no reason for the constant belittling and denigration of him. This board, this fanbase can want him gone without having to mock and disparage. Regardless of what he says or does or doesn't say or doesn't do, either we watch things unfold with class, or we don't. Totally up to each individual how they want to act during this period of unknown. This doesn't have to turn the board into a poopshow.

Except if 2 or 3 happen to be true, that alone is grounds for termination.  The stated purpose of his tenure was to stabilize the program and put it on solid ground for the future.  Those statements are all about him.

Just now, Hoosier DaDa said:

We all know the acronym WWJD. I think he would fire Woody.

He could perform a miracle of having him attend a high school sectional game…..much more impressive than that weak water to wine and walking on water

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I’m just saying if he’s retained we will be a portal dependent team. No one is going to want to go to IU with him as the coach. It’s about the long term solution, not just next season.

That's the argument Rabjohn's was saying today. It's a poor way to build a program. It's like an NFL team. You build through the draft and supplement where you have needs. I think in college basketball you recruit, develop, and at the end of the season find glaring needs. Unfortunately this program needs just about everything.