Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I know where you stand.  I want to win as many games as possible.  Really happy for the players and staff tonight.

I tend to agree with this. The fans and the players are just kids and I don't want them to suffer through a terrible season. I have and always will be a fan of the school and team regardless of who's coaching and the circumstances. They played hard tonight and I think a lot people would agree that goes a long way. 

1 minute ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I know where you stand.  I want to win as many games as possible.  Really happy for the players and staff tonight.

This is the same mentality we see from the administration. I want to win as many games as possible. Keeping Mike Woodson around ensures that doesn’t happen. 

You guys are crazy. Here is the reality. We won at assembly! A game by all accounts we should win. This shouldn't be a deciding factor in him staying. If they give him a fourth year we will just have to hope he can put a team together that can compete next season. If they gamble on him and keep him and next season goes off the rails it will atleast be interesting to see what happens. Sad times

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Think it was very telling that late with the game on the line....no Cupps, no X....it was Galloway and Leal in the game.

Also, no C.J. Gunn at all tonight.

Yep.  The seniors Walker and Leal getting the bench minutes.  It took Woodson a while to figure it out, but in college, experience can be just as valuable as talent.  

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Why?

It’s just my opinion.  I have never really thought he was going anywhere.  I thought maybe if we lost out that would have been the only way we would make a change and I have always wanted us to win each time we take the court regardless.  I have a tough time for those that want us to lose but whatever.  I get one win doesn’t change anything, but just the sheer optics of losing out is a lot worse than getting a W.

Just now, coonhounds said:

You guys are crazy. Here is the reality. We won at assembly! A game by all accounts we should win. This shouldn't be a deciding factor in him staying. If they give him a fourth year we will just have to hope he can put a team together that can compete next season. If they gamble on him and keep him and next season goes off the rails it will atleast be interesting to see what happens. Sad times

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

You are right... this game should not make a difference in whether or not the administration keeps Woodson in charge of the program... but trust me, it does. 

And I don't want to go through another crappy, hopeless season next year. This needs to end now.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is the same mentality we see from the administration. I want to win as many games as possible. Keeping Mike Woodson around ensures that doesn’t happen. 

Good thing "IU - Kaulie" (and none of us here, presumably) actually work in the administration. 

It's perfectly okay for fans to want their team to win. I am happy to see a win tonight like I am happy to see a 3-legged dog running. I wouldn't have been upset about a loss for the same reason you were rooting for it. People can be fans however they want.

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

Good thing "IU - Kaulie" (and none of us here, presumably) actually work in the administration. 

It's perfectly okay for fans to want their team to win. I am happy to see a win tonight like I am happy to see a 3-legged dog running. 

I wouldn't have been upset about a loss for the same reason you were rooting for it. People can be fans however they want.

People can root for whatever they want. But rooting for wins + rooting for Woodson to be fired are two illogical and irreconcilable positions. You can’t have both. It’s like rooting for a snow day but then rooting for it not to snow.

It's perfectly okay for fans to want their team to win. I am happy to see a win tonight like I am happy to see a 3-legged dog running. I wouldn't have been upset about a loss for the same reason you were rooting for it. People can be fans however they want.
Dude....lol....your analogy there was off the charts funny and accurately depicts my thoughts on tonight. Bravo sir

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Question for you -- and it's not meant as a dig at all -- at this point are you openly rooting for IU to lose or are you watching (or not watching) the games as someone who is detached from the program?

I agree that IU should be moving on from Woodson but personally still root for IU to win when I am watching.  Not that upset if they do lose at this point, but don't root against the team.  And again, it is not meant to dig at you at all, just looking for your perspective.  My perspective is that I can't control what I can't control, so when I'm watching a game I would like to have an enjoyable experience and I I don't enjoy watching them get humiliated.  If we win, I'm happy -- not as happy as I would be if it actually meant something toward the tournament -- if we lose, I'm just kind of not upset at this point.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

People can root for whatever they want. But rooting for wins + rooting for Woodson to be fired are two illogical and irreconcilable positions. You can’t have both. It’s like rooting for a snow day but then rooting for it not to snow.

True. I'll be honest I'm at a point of finding myself preferring that they'd lose. Sort of like when you bet against your favorite team and you're either happy coz you win the bet or your team wins... I am "happy" with either outcome but I'd prefer that we lose so we can rip this band aid off. Since I'm a fan my opinion doesn't really matter/influence things. I still have hope that can happen, but 1 more win and probably not. I will probably be more upset if they win again and it crystalizes for me that we're really doing this again.

Mike Woodson- "That locker room is really happy right now. Nobody likes to lose. I hate losing. There's a lot that comes with that, man.  You've got to stay patient. We all forget.. these are 18 and 19 year old young men. We got that monkey off our back."

With an average age of 21 among our scholarship players, I don’t believe we are “young”. Purdue has the same average age as us.

Blaming the trajectory of the season on a 24-year-old in his sixth season of college, is crazy! We all know that if X doesn’t get hurt last year, he’s not even on the roster.

Just coach! No one wants excuses, especially weak ones! 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s not a 1 to 1 comparison. No coach has ever been evaluated on a single game. Beating Wisconsin tonight doesn’t change the fact that season is still effectively over (barring winning the BTT), has been a massive disappointment nor does it change the outlook or optics surrounding next season. 

I am unhappy with the season as anyone but will still enjoy the win.

Some of you need to chill because if they had decided one way or the other on Woodson's job status this one game isn't changing anything.  Also some of you think it was a forgone conclusion he was going to be fired just because some chatter on a message board. I always thought he wasn't going to be fired this year even with all of this talk the last week or so.

You are right... this game should not make a difference in whether or not the administration keeps Woodson in charge of the program... but trust me, it does. 
And I don't want to go through another crappy, hopeless season next year. This needs to end now.
I think it does cause I figured the only way they would get rid of him is if he lost out. That would have been such an awful look they probably would have had to make a move.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Except that the events aren't mutually exclusive.  You won't get a snow day if it doesn't snow, but we could lose out and Woodson would still be the coach next year.  

In terms of 'rooting for two irreconcilable positions' -- what I root for will have no bearing in what happens at the end of the year.  If I root for Indiana to win a game, it has no bearing in whether they actually win or not, just like 'rooting' for Woodson to be fired has no bearing in whether he is fired or not.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Question for you -- and it's not meant as a dig at all -- at this point are you openly rooting for IU to lose or are you watching (or not watching) the games as someone who is detached from the program?

I agree that IU should be moving on from Woodson but personally still root for IU to win when I am watching.  Not that upset if they do lose at this point, but don't root against the team.  And again, it is not meant to dig at you at all, just looking for your perspective.  My perspective is that I can't control what I can't control, so when I'm watching a game I would like to have an enjoyable experience and I I don't enjoy watching them get humiliated.  If we win, I'm happy -- not as happy as I would be if it actually meant something toward the tournament -- if we lose, I'm just kind of not upset at this point.

Pretty much how I feel

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

I think it does cause I figured the only way they would get rid of him is if he lost out. That would have been such an awful look they probably would have had to make a move.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

There’s zero reasoning behind this logic. What’s the difference between going 14-17 and 15-16? Absolutely nothing. There’s nothing that’s going to salvage this season outside winning 4 (or 5) consecutive games in the BTT. Until I see the proverbial vote of confidence from Dolson, I don’t think anything has changed in the last 2 hours.