Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I'm crying :(

image.png

Mike Woodson was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. If we keep all of the players we want, get Liam, get Queen, and get the absolute best guards and shooters out of the portal, Year 2 of Mike Woodson is our ceiling. We can't get the fundamentals down, there is no way we can improve on what he did in his second year.

Mike Woodson was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. If we keep all of the players we want, get Liam, get Queen, and get the absolute best guards and shooters out of the portal, Year 2 of Mike Woodson is our ceiling. We can't get the fundamentals down, there is no way we can improve on what he did in his second year.
Yep last year is his absolute ceiling he is not capable of leading a team to the sweet sixeteen imo.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

If he stays another year, here is how to appease the fan base: 

Retain: Reneau, MgTaco, Gallo, Cupps, Leal, Sparks 

Bring in: Mcneeley, Queen, the best PG available (ex. Mack-Harvard, Thornton-OSU, McDaniel-Mich), the best SG available (Ex. Clary-PSU), a 7Ft back up C, and 2 Gr. Srs 

The names have to be notable and the money has to flow like never before. 

Best Case: Woodson retires

3 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

If he stays another year, here is how to appease the fan base: 

Retain: Reneau, MgTaco, Gallo, Cupps, Leal, Sparks 

Bring in: Mcneeley, Queen, the best PG available (ex. Mack-Harvard, Thornton-OSU, McDaniel-Mich), the best SG available (Ex. Clary-PSU), a 7Ft back up C, and 2 Gr. Srs 

The names have to be notable and the money has to flow like never before. 

Best Case: Woodson retires

Ehh… of the bolded names, Galloway is the only one I’d want to see back, and I wouldn’t be all that sad if he left. Leal and Sparks are dead weight imho, and Cupps has a lot of ground to make up to be a serviceable player in the Big 10. We need a big talent infusion and those three aren’t doing it for me. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Ehh… of the bolded names, Galloway is the only one I’d want to see back, and I wouldn’t be all that sad if he left. Leal and Sparks are dead weight imho, and Cupps has a lot of ground to make up to be a serviceable player in the Big 10. We need a big talent infusion and those three aren’t doing it for me. 

Sounds to me like you're calling out @Loaded Chicken Sandwich  :D :D :D 

22 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Fro those not keeping score at home:

Fire Woodson thread: 149 pages, 2962 posts

Positive Only thread: 2 pages, 27 posts

Positive only thread includes my Hahahaha post.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Culture fits. Agree that any extended conf playing time from the bolded would be not great.. Think you need Leal, Sparks, Cupps for culture - they work hard and are positive

41 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t know for certain, but the press release at the time makes it sound like he decided to give it to him:

Yes, the context does sound like that.

I don't know Scott Dolson but my perception is he's caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place.  He didn't hire Woody and I honestly think if it was strictly his call, Woody would be gone at the end of this season.  The president of the BOT, i.e, Quinn Buckner, Woody's bosom buddy, is the culprit in this mess and unfortunately he sits at the top of the food chain.  It is possible that the raise was pre-ordained but Dolson's not going to release a statement saying Quinn Buckner granted this raise not me unlike Woody's comments on the "not me" alternate jerseys.  Buckner's term as a trustee expires next summer (2025) and we can only hope he doesn't get reappointed.  

2 hours ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Where did you get that?

Just by his statements alone. If you're him in that position you're not just answering the guys asking the question at that moment. He knows everyone is asking that question, even the guys above him. Woodson and his superiors haven't yet had the imminent post season "conversations", but he's making his stance known now. 

Does the $1m raise hurt us much?  At the time, we had improved year 1 to year 2 and were seemingly on the "verge" of getting a big recruiting class for 2024.  You could make a case that the $1m increase was to signal any external noise that they had confidence in Woody and perhaps help seal the deal with recruits.  As it seems with every momentum we have had since RMK left, it quickly died out. But at least it was not an extension ala Crean.

How close are Buckner and Woodson, really? It's not like they were teammates, and I have a hard time believing Buckner is satisfied with where the program is right now. I mean, the guy played for the last team to go undefeated and didn't lose a Big Ten game for 2 years. You'd think losing three straight at home to Northwestern would be end of times stuff for someone like him.