Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

11 minutes ago, ISP said:

Trilly had originally reported that Pear's buyout was $17 million. 

Turns out that was misreported. Pearl's buyout will actually be $8.5 million in a month. 

I really think this changes a lot. 

Does it change Bruce Pearl’s birth year? Does it change whether he’s been to more final fours than Dusty May, or been to one more recently?

30 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Based on what ISP is saying doesn't look like Pearl will happen unless Carl Cook wants to open his checkbook.  Around $20M to buyout both Pearl and Woody and then probably $7-8M a year in salary.  We're not serious enough to do that.  Dusty it is me thinks if a change occurs.

Buyouts don’t matter as much as fans think 

11 minutes ago, ISP said:

Turns out that was misreported. Pearl's buyout will actually be $8.5 million in a month. 

That is kind of a big thing!

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Here's what I want to know from an administrative standpoint:

Are they simply keeping Woodson for a 4th year because the optics of firing an alum after 3 years signal too quick of a trigger and are simply delaying the inevitable?

OR

Do they actually think Woodson not only deserves a 4th year, but actually think he's the guy going forward?

Obviously I don't have a voice or the money to make a difference, but if I'm one that does, I don't give a single dime to the athletic department until that question is answered.

Dirty birds are going to do it after two.

54 minutes ago, ISP said:

$8.5 million for Pearl. Another $8.5 million to buy out Woody.

That's $17 million for the right to hire a 64 year old who would make over $7 million a year.

No. Way.

edit: no way unless it comes at a pre-determined discount.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I just don't understand how a program that invests so much and has such a passionate fan base can get so little in return. It just makes no sense to me. You can't blame Woodson for wanting a crack at the helm, but you can blame Dolson for making the hire. I appreciate Mike Woodson's love for IU and what he tried to do, but it's not working.

I see folks on here arguing about Dusty May and Bruce Pearl and I just don't understand. I would take nearly any of the folks mentioned over what we have now. I just want competent coaching and fundamental basketball. Why is that so difficult to obtain at a program that invests so much as IU? What am I missing?

Agreed...its perplexing...and almost seems on purpose. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Buyouts don’t matter as much as fans think 

They do when you are asked every 3-5 years to break out your checkbook. At some point I want to have a little say in the matter and who we are planning to hire. I don’t care if I’m worth 200 billion. I’m not just stroking a check for $10m-$20m to the same buffoons who asked me not long ago for more money, for the same mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's $17 million for the right to hire a 64 year old who would make over $7 million a year.

No. Way.

Agree. Doesn’t make any sense. Also, after what Pearl said in his post game presser after the UK loss, I’m not sure we want him at all. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's $17 million to hire a 64 year old.

No. Way.

I had the thought that maybe Cronin could be a solution. He's pretty "proven" and doesn't seem to have any baggage (that I'm aware of). He's also from the midwest. Salary is reasonable ($4 million I believe).

But then I saw his buyout: $16 million after March 31st.....yikes.

So $8.5 for Woody, $16 for Cronin...nope, not happening.

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Agree. Doesn’t make any sense. Also, after what Pearl said in his post game presser after the UK loss, I’m not sure we want him at all. 

What did he say. The only thing I saw was a fake post with a fake quote 

Scott Dolson must realize that the IU program needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  Is a soon to be 66 year old Mike Woodson the guy to do it? That answer is obviously- no.  Why wait on starting the rebuild?  Financial?  I've got to believe that there's a few wealthy alumni that would pay for this nightmare to end.  Fairness?  Archie got 4 years, so coach Woodson deserves 4 years to "play" head coach too. Asinine reasoning. Saving face?  Dolson just gave an undeserved raise to Woodson 8 months ago.  Is he worried that he would look incompetent?  Yes, but another year of this would be even more incompetent and might cost you your job as well.  We must cut loose Woodson and do a thorough job search to find someone that can build a program from scratch because this program has hit rock bottom. 

We’re still getting to know each other too! 

That one, after Penn St. was egregious!
The hump will be overtaken in mid March when Woodson and quinn tee off with cigars and drinks. Laughs all around.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At this point most players are gone after the season, Not sure we can get guys out of the portal. No one in the class of 25 is going to come to IU with Woodson in limbo for next season. I'm guessing donations will be down, NIL money will be down. There is nothing Woodson can do to save the ship from going down at this point. I can't imagine a change not happening. I haven't heard that yet but I think we're heading that way

Unfortunately, it feels like our best hope for a coaching change is more games like last night. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At this point most players are gone after the season, Not sure we can get guys out of the portal. No one in the class of 25 is going to come to IU with Woodson in limbo for next season. I'm guessing donations will be down, NIL money will be down. There is nothing Woodson can do to save the ship from going down at this point. I can't imagine a change not happening. I haven't heard that yet but I think we're heading that way

I really think we only have one option and if he can't turn it around in the next 4-5 years it's over.  No one else is going to want a part of this flaming dumpster fire.  The administration has simply f***** around for too long.

download (6).jpeg