Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Home Jersey said:

I'm sure some will disagree but I'd much prefer him at UL than having to play him 2x a year at OSU.

Really not sure which school would be harder to pull him from....OSU with deeper pockets but less commitment to BBall. Overall the fact that he seemingly is looking to get back to the midwest is prob a good sign for us...

Question to the group.  Do AD's have discussions with coaches about the possibility of openings in the future.  Would Dolsen have a conversation with May or another coach about what is happening behind closed doors at IU.  Example - we are having CMW back next year and he will be retiring on his own, but we want to line you up for that position when it happens.  I sure it happens to some extent but really don't know how all of that works.

38 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Guys there is realistically no chance Woody is let go even if he loses tonight. Im sorry but it's time to give that dream up.

Dolson and Woody will meet and say program expectations are higher, remind him that the fanbase expects him to be able to retain top in state players, and say we have all the NIL in the world, do something with it. 

Next year will be do or die for Woody. Juwan made a S16 and E8 and couldn't survive two down years. Woody has done less. At a program like IU with higher expectations, I expect one bad year and one mediocre year will not save Woody.

If it's true that QB doesn't like Dusty, it doesn't matter that he could potentially go elsewhere because we wouldn't hire him anyway. My hope for right now is that Dolson has at least used back channels to reach out to Dusty. IU should get some sense of whether he would leave a P5 job for us. 

Did I miss something? Did Juwan get fired?

38 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I think I'm going to be ill.  I can see it now, 4 years from now when Ohio state is really good, people are going to ask why IU didn't hire Dusty from FAU.  I'm going to have to utter some nonsense about it was important to give mediocre Mike a 4th year because Mike's wealthy friends were adamant that Mike get a chance to prove he can coach even though we knew the answer was that he couldn't. 

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I think I'm going to be ill.  I can see it now, 4 years from now when Ohio state is really good, people are going to ask why IU didn't hire Dusty from FAU.  I'm going to have to utter some nonsense about it was important to give mediocre Mike a 4th year because Mike's wealthy friends were adamant that Mike get a chance to prove he can coach even though we knew the answer was that he couldn't. 

Beard had a good P5 gig, but left for his dream job. Roy Williams had perhaps the best P5 gig but left for his dream job. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again; if Dusty May is successful, as I suspect he will be, he will have to turn us down at some point. The money won't be an issue. Here's to hoping being his alma mater and growing up with Knight means something to him when the time comes. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Musselman could be a hot name again next year.  Bad year for Arkansas but that hasn’t been the norm.

I thought he made apple sauce.... lol

Musselman's Original Apple Sauce, 48 oz. - Musselman's

21 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Well if Dolson has any balls and isn't a complete fool of the highest order he'll pull the plug as soon as we lose next.  You never know.

14 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Beard had a good P5 gig, but left for his dream job. Roy Williams had perhaps the best P5 gig but left for his dream job. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again; if Dusty May is successful, as I suspect he will be, he will have to turn us down at some point. The money won't be an issue. Here's to hoping being his alma mater and growing up with Knight means something to him when the time comes. 

Beard 100% left for a better job, though. Lots of guys would make that jump. And Dean was still alive when Roy came back.  

I don’t see IU getting anyone out of the OSU or L’ville jobs, but I don’t know much about May.