Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

How do you know the rumors where fake.  I get the impression there are a few factions at work here.  Buckner/woodson are definitely one.  Dolson might be another.  There might even be a third. Woodson is being vocal about being back as a dare to the other factions.  “I dare you to fire me again Buckner’s wishes.”  If I’m Dolson, and I’m not, I call his bluff and release him for his “true fan” BS last night.  Then force the BOT to pick a side if they wish.  I’m prepared to blow the whole department up if necessary — no coach bigger than the university, right.  

Starting to think most of the rumors were fake. I certainly believe Dolson had outside people put out feelers for someone like Bruce Pearl just to gauge interest in case he was given the go to make a change, but I don’t think much materialized after that.

I do think most of the stuff Trilly reported was directly relayed from Rabjohns and this wouldn’t be the first time Rabjohns has been caught with his pants down. I do think Rabjohns has been slighted by this staff and think Rabjohns tried to make it personal. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I lost a lot of respect for Leal last night. 

Could that whole speech and what was said by Woodson/players pi$$ off the right people enough to want to do whatever they can to move on from Woodson even though it seems him saying what he did probably means he’ll be back? I’m sure it’s wishful thinking on my part that how he’s acting gets donors to go “you know what, screw this guy, let’s get him out of here, I’ll give you this much just to make sure he goes away”, or if that wouldn’t even matter if he’s unwilling to go on his own. 

19 minutes ago, kottke said:

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe.gif

If we want to believe there will be a change, then we aren't real fans. If we aren't real fans what are we doing here? 

CMW and Leal have me really confused. Do I care about IU basketball or not? Things just got really existential for me. 

21 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

Your forgetting he has them playing as well as anyone now .  Don’t you believe? LOL 

He is such an arrogant man. I could not support IU for several years after they fired Knight. I am starting to have my doubts about supporting them especially since I am not a true fan. 
I love college basketball and watch a lot of games . I usually only get upset when I see how bad this team plays. I for one believe next year is going to be extremely ugly year for IU basketball. Good luck to the true fans there going to need it.

I think the biggest issue is he genuinely believes IU is playing as good as anybody in the country right now.  Which is a huge problem. 

10 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Could that whole speech and what was said by Woodson/players pi$$ off the right people enough to want to do whatever they can to move on from Woodson even though it seems him saying what he did probably means he’ll be back? I’m sure it’s wishful thinking on my part that how he’s acting gets donors to go “you know what, screw this guy, let’s get him out of here, I’ll give you this much just to make sure he goes away”, or if that wouldn’t even matter if he’s unwilling to go on his own. 

If they weren't turned off by his arrogance yet I'm not sure yesterday moved the needle.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I hate that the Hoosiers have been a mediocre and underachieving team for the last 3 years. 

I hate that the Hoosiers run an abysmal offense. 

And I hate that none of these areas show any signs of improving. 

So in other words, I am not a true fan. 

Outside of a few years, you could say this about the last 25 years almost. Around 20 wins a year give or take and double digit losses. Mediocre purgatory.

15 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Sorry I was taking it wrong as well I guess. Woodson gets paid alot of money to be a professional ncaa coach. He needs to keep his emotions on check. Especially when he ain't accomplished a gd thing yet. Thus is indiana. he has a legitimate shot at winning the big ten tournament tournament

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Don’t you know Mike Woodson has taken us to two NCAA births with Archie recruits. Mike Woodson has accomplished more than our last 3 coaches. I heard that QB, SD, and the BOT are working up a Calipari type contract for Woody to make sure that all the high school recruits (that he doesn’t want) know that he will be here coaching for long term. It’s Mike Woodson’s world and we are just renting air in it. 

I think the biggest issue is he genuinely believes IU is playing as good as anybody in the country right now.  Which is a huge problem. 
He cannot honestly believe that michigan state has been on a skid lately.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I hate that this beloved program whiffed on every recruit for this year.

I hate that the current head coach doesn't see value in recruiting high school kids.

I hate that the Hoosiers have been a mediocre and underachieving team for the last 3 years. 

I hate that the Hoosiers run an abysmal offense. 

And I hate that none of these areas show any signs of improving. 

So in other words, I am not a true fan. 

Welcome to the club.  :)  

15 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

I have been on this board for almost 3 weeks. I can’t recall you saying one thing positive about IU basketball. Not just on this thread about the coach, but any thread.

Surely, there is somewhere in the past where you supported IU 

And we all have been so happy with your 3 weeks of condescending posts. And when I say that I mean it because it’s been entertainment.

9 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Really hope Rabjohns or Osterman ask Woody what a true fan is during the next press conference. I need to know, I want to be one!

I want them to ask him what doing his job means? As he said he was coming back to win championships. So he hasn’t been doing his job if that’s the actual goal. 

29 minutes ago, kottke said:

At first I was bothered by it, but then I remembered the way Woody acted during his speech. Who knows what kind of crap he's been spewing to the team behind closed doors? He could have been using this kind of "us against everyone else," including the "non-true" fans as fuel for the team for a while. Leal may have just been regurgitating all the crap he's been fed the past few weeks.

It’s just unfortunate if he was it didn’t work against the upper half of the conference, and Penn state. Leal may not like us, but he’s not a dummy. Someone mentioned he would be snapped up as a 12/13th man in a minute. Maybe that’s true, but not for the money he’s gotten here. Real Estate is fickle, wearing the candystripes for 40 minutes, watching basketball from floor level and getting paid to do it, isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Our Ceiling with Mike Woodson is last years round of 32. Maybe a sweet 16 if he stays several years. We will never beat that with him as our coach. That is not good enough. 

sincerely,

true fan

I’m a hater of current HC not being fired but I also disagree that is the ceiling. Look at Cal at UK, terrible coach but can buy talent and let the boys go. It works out a few times every decade for him. So if Woody can retain Gallo Taco Reneau and add a future pro guard and Onyenso from UK the pure talent + experience returning can run us to a S16 E8 if lucky. 2c