Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, str8baller said:

I edited my comment because a word was confusing, but I did listen and got that. I was wondering who they are talking about. Seems like it was Caleb Love, no? 

Yes Caleb Love. I edited mine because I remembered that one ended as soon as he left Bloomington

Fast forward to 16:40 and listen to the story. Mike Woodson had a huge portal transfer on campus last season and had no idea who the kid was. Pretty sure it was Caleb Love
Woodson is going to tell his gm here is the money go get my 8 players. I need to hit the golf course

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do you own Binnoclars? We might have to have you over on the scene as our onsite reporter. It doesn't pay much

I could make that happen. I also have a friend who fly’s charters out of there. I had picks of Pitino flying in when he accepted the Lville job.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Fast forward to 16:40 and listen to the story. Mike Woodson had a huge portal transfer on campus last season and had no idea who the kid was. Pretty sure it was Caleb Love

He thinks he's in the NBA.  The GM will deliver him the players.  He will then roll the ball out and let them do their thing.

I don't know why we're discussing this.  He's never going to change.

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I edited my comment because a word was confusing, but I did listen and got that. I was wondering who they are talking about. Seems like it was Caleb Love, no? 

The even sadder part was didn't we play UNC that season and he still didn't know his name

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

The even sadder part was didn't we play UNC that season and he still didn't know his name

Yep…lol.  

I was going to give a faint defense of him if it was Knecht because he was really under the radar. Still bad, but that’s just garden variety  negligence. But if he didn’t know, or gave the impression he didn’t know, who Caleb Love was….WOW.   

That’s so crazy I’m not sure I even believe it. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's beyond embarrassing at this point. We could've put an end to it.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Come join us at Indiana Kelly Glove. Mike Woodson knows ball. You can shoot the three ball Kelly Glove. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Fast forward to 16:40 and listen to the story. Mike Woodson had a huge portal transfer on campus last season and had no idea who the kid was. 

.it just keeps getting better. Any other AD would cut bait and move on just on other some of the other responsibilities being blindly mishandled. IMO, just because IU is above 500 right now, and a 3 game winning streak doesn't mean you get an automatic "free pass" at season's end. At the end of the year, every coach should get a performance interview to discuss the year. ( I don't know if this even happen, you would think so....)

I know this is not quite the same, but I have been a HS school teacher for almost 30 years and get 2 performance evaluations, one each semester. The one at the end of each school year is to tell me how I have done, if I need to make any changes or to not renew my teacher's contract. 

Sorry, I'm just trying to make light of this and looking for reason or just cause.... 

....probably not going to get it! lol

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

According to Bob Kravitz he says maybe Woodson will change his recruiting philosophy. Lol!!!!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Why in the world does a first time NCAA coach at a major D1 university, continually get free pass after free pass.

....oh, I forgot, I already know the answer. 

It's just sad

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Its senior day, we have recruits in the house, what are the chances the boo birds will be out?  Or will they behave themselves?  From about everything that I have read and learned, the administration and coaching staff are all blaming us fans for all of this.

Save the boos for when Mike takes the mic. And cheer loudly for the players. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Is there any part of the job that Woody actually does? Like this is absolute bottle of the barrel stuff that he’s not doing. It’s legitimately like he thinks showing up ~30 nights a year on game day is his only job responsibility.