Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

21 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No, no, no I get all that. That doesn't need to be explained. Getting hellbent on golfing at the F4 has zero to do with the novel you just posted. None of that equates to anything you or others have tried to tie this too. If he's out golfing during the middle of an AAU event or when a key recruit is in town, etc etc by all means burn him at the stake. 

But this instance of golfing at the F4 while at a coaching convention during a dead recruiting period is a nothing burger. You know that, I know that, everybody pretending to be upset knows that. 

I might argue that ‘getting hell bent’ on going after folks in a Fire MIke Woodson Forum who take a shot or two at a golfing tweet photo of a perceived unengaged coach w/half a roster and at best marginal success, kind of misses the point completely. Making the same argument 25 times…well, will just say maybe, let it go!

19 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Who's the Kentucky equivalent to Mike Woodson?

Imagine the AD at UK getting up on the podium and telling the fanbase "we got our guy" while standing next to a 63 year old failed NBA coach who played at UK 40 years ago.

Oh that would get ugly at the announcement.

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Sigh...  Purdue has a chance to win their first National Championship, UCONN has a chance to win National Championship #6, USC and then Arkansas swung big in their coaching searches, and my Hoosiers are content to let mediocre Mike Woodson "play" head coach for another year.  Another year of using our tremendous resources to bring in really good talent that doesn't fit any real plan is on the horizon.   Mike Woodson has underperformed the first 3 years, and we get the privilege of watching him underperform in year 4 thanks to our donors and administration.  

Fire/retire Mike Woodson!

Woodson played here over 40 years ago, what else would you want in a head coach?

I go away for a week for an ayahuasca retreat and the world goes to hell. Purdue is going to play in the national championship, Calipari is going to Arkansas, the Fire Mike Woodson page gets renamed and passes 1,000 posts, Woodson is still our coach, and now the moon is going to eat the sun.

Wait, did I come back from Peru or am I still tripping? $hit, if I am still tripping and this message isn't real, I am still going to post on BTB about how I had a trip and posted on BTB. Is this the real post or the trip post? This is getting meta.

Looking at things objectively I don't see Calipari going to Arkansas being a good thing for them. He will bring in recruits but I don't see how the results will better for them than UK. 

As much as he wanted to get away from their fans base he will have to deal with them when they play at Rupp and it will be ugly. Almost Pitino at U of L bad.

It will be curious to see if UK can get a big name. At least they get a chance at finding something better. We are stuck with our arrogant 64 year old with a outdated offense. 

1 minute ago, HoosierMatty said:

Looking at things objectively I don't see Calipari going to Arkansas being a good thing for them. He will bring in recruits but I don't see how the results will better for them than UK. 

As much as he wanted to get away from their fans base he will have to deal with them when they play at Rupp and it will be ugly. Almost Pitino at U of L bad.

It will be curious to see if UK can get a big name. At least they get a chance at finding something better. We are stuck with our arrogant 64 year old with a outdated offense. 

I just envy them for having a coach who knew when to leave...

One of my takeaways...

If Shertz and Calipari can change jobs and move in Mid-April, we can still fire Woodson and get a new coach.

C'mon Dolson...do your job and get us a coach who can get the job done! Do it today!

IMO, unless/until Dolson fires Woodson, it means he loves his job more than the program.

14 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

One of my takeaways...

If Shertz and Calipari can change jobs and move in Mid-April, we can still fire Woodson and get a new coach.

C'mon Dolson...do your job and get us a coach who can get the job done! Do it today!

IMO, unless/until Dolson fires Woodson, it means he loves his job more than the program.

When did Ohio State fire Thad Matta, wasn't that in like June?

3 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Why is it so dark out?  What is going on.

Did we fire Woodson finally.  

Converse…I think the news just made it up to the big guy (gal) in the sky that he’s being forced on us for another year…so he/she decided to pull the sun. ; )

3 hours ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I go away for a week for an ayahuasca retreat and the world goes to hell. Purdue is going to play in the national championship, Calipari is going to Arkansas, the Fire Mike Woodson page gets renamed and passes 1,000 posts, Woodson is still our coach, and now the moon is going to eat the sun.

Wait, did I come back from Peru or am I still tripping? $hit, if I am still tripping and this message isn't real, I am still going to post on BTB about how I had a trip and posted on BTB. Is this the real post or the trip post? This is getting meta.

Well that sounds trippy.  

4 hours ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

How was the reboot . Had to have been a cool experience . 

On a positive note IU men’s basketball would have had a 50/50 shot at making the sweet 16 if an NIT bid was accepted.

2 hours ago, Herotime said:

While discussing the UK opening with Colin Cowherd, listen to how Mic Cronin talks about the life of a college basketball coach, and you will understand why CMW is in over his head.

https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1777410086865969345/mediaviewer

It’s literal dead week dude. Coaches aren’t working, they’re not looking at other jobs, they’re not recruiting, they’re doing literally nothing. It’s why it exists. No work. Nothing. Dead week is a complete vacation week. Did I mention it’s dead week? That means no work. It’s like a regular week, but one where college coaches are not allowed to do any work. They have to be on vacation.