Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

11 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Texas Tech is proving other wise as just one example. It has been multiple years now with 5+.

I also think people are don’t really see how many of the top say 50 KenPom have had 4+ transfers this year. In most cases 4+ out too. rough estimate is 60% of them.

Yes, you still need a core. We will have that. We will also keep reciting 2025/2026 and look to bring in a couple but it is a shift in philosophy. Focus majority dollars on transfers and not freshman. 

I just did the math on this for you, it’s 18 of the top 50 KenPom teams. 
so 36% 

15 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Texas Tech is proving other wise as just one example. It has been multiple years now with 5+.

I also think people are don’t really see how many of the top say 50 KenPom have had 4+ transfers this year. In most cases 4+ out too. rough estimate is 60% of them.

Yes, you still need a core. We will have that. We will also keep reciting 2025/2026 and look to bring in a couple but it is a shift in philosophy. Focus majority dollars on transfers and not freshman. 

If that is the case, Woodson can't get the ---- out of here quick enough for me.

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Of course he does. He has a monopoly on knowledge. You are doing dumb math and just can’t understand the math he does on a higher level.

Here's the thing: everyone thinks they know math, but have you ever been to Greece? Unless you've studied with the pythagoreans, you just simply wouldn't get it. Maybe that's why there's so much group think around here. 

41 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Listen, I love Anthony Leal, but him returning does nothing to move the needle.  It would have been tough to see Galloway in another jersey. (But also wouldn't blame him if he moved on).

Continuity is important, even if they are reserve players. Leal returning can help teach the new players how the rotations work on defense.  A lot of the teaching can be taught by upperclassmen in the summertime. Our defense will be better if Leal, Galloway, Cupps, MgBako and Reneau all return.  That gives you 5 players that should know where to be and how to rotate.  

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Here's the thing: everyone thinks they know math, but have you ever been to Greece? Unless you've studied with the pythagoreans, you just simple wouldn't get it. Maybe that's why there's so much group think around here. 

Have you played math at the highest level? You just can’t understand math because you haven’t really mathed before.

22 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

This seems to suggest if we want Woodson gone, then we should root for a W today, but be one and done in the BTT.

You're gonna need to explain that one to me.

Thank you. I’m not sure how that works. Maybe the seniors feel like they need to go out on a high note and feel a sense of completion? No clue. 

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

That he can’t count. (Benefit of the doubt is he is using something like on3 and it doesn’t show all transfers) 

Look, if I get some time this week, I will create a full spreadsheet showing how many top 50 teams in past 2 years have had 4+ in one year and 6+ in 2 years. I will also call out those that have done it consecutive years and those who have done entire roster flips.

as @RaceToTheTop said - I don’t think all the data in the world changes peoples view so not sure it is worth my effort. 

The problem is... your data seems to be demonstrably wrong every time you share it. Sorry, not trying to be combative. I too do not have instant recall of every statistic I've ever seen/heard, so benefit of the doubt to you there. Just saying on the surface, not seeing it. 

I look forward to the spreadsheet if you get some time. 

3 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Then you need to go back to school

You don’t deserve to see my work but I’ll show it anyway:

Utah St, BYU, Wake, Illinois, South Carolina, Clemson, NEB, TTU, UVA, UNC, Oklahoma, UF, Texas, SJU, Bama, Nova, TCU, KU.

Then you can discuss from the above teams who have a coach with a system in place, who knows what he’s looking for, or just filling in around the margins of an already proven core. 
It’s difficult and uncommon

4 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

That he can’t count. (Benefit of the doubt is he is using something like on3 and it doesn’t show all transfers) 

Look, if I get some time this week, I will create a full spreadsheet showing how many top 50 teams in past 2 years have had 4+ in one year and 6+ in 2 years. I will also call out those that have done it consecutive years and those who have done entire roster flips.

as @RaceToTheTop said - I don’t think all the data in the world changes peoples view so not sure it is worth my effort. 

Not 4+, you said 5+. I hate to be a technocrat here but words and numbers mean things. Unless you were being - dare I say it - hyperbolic, in which case you can apologize now.

25 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Pop Isaacs is still on that team.   Best thing Grant did was get him to stay once he took over Texas Tech.  By far their best player and 2022 kid Tech recruited back in the day.   The type of kid programs are built around.  Tough as nails 

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

But you would be fine if he had the UK or Duke approach? Why does it matter? This is the future of college BB to play at the top. It is all 1/2 year rentals. 5 star freshman or portal.

What is your connection to the IU staff? 

2 minutes ago, kottke said:

Sounds like Trilly is hearing Dusty to OSU, but he’s still trying to confirm what he’s hearing. Hopefully not.

Saw that too. If you're a Dusty May fan, you might want to log off for a while.....and start hoping Trilly's info is wrong