Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 hours ago, tyappleg said:

Why are we starting over with an almost completely new roster(now with 0 2024 commits) with a 66 year old coach?  I have yet to receive a decent answer to this question.  It defies all logic. 

Because Archie got 4 years..I know dumb reason 

Woodson is the most incompetent coach IU has had since Davis and he might be worse. The fact that he hadn’t been in communication with McNeeley since he signed is a joke but I can’t say I’m surprised. He’s been really lazy ever since he got the job but @KathywithaC says he’s better than Allen was so I guess he’s the right guy to lead the IU program. 

5 hours ago, Trish said:

Liam was an all in on Indiana. The constant tweets, social media posts. 

Then, his friends go elsewhere. Then he asks for his release from his commitment the day after Indiana leaked Woodson would be back. This is not good folks. This is a terrible look. I don’t see Woodson and staff recovering from this whatsoever. 

If I’m on the Indiana staff, I’m updating my resume and jumping ship as soon as the season is over. 

....yep, She's takin' on water as we speak and listing......

32 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Woke up to this thought - open, X and AW gone.   Gunn and Banks assuredly transfer.  Ware  guaranteed to go pro.  Sounding more and more like Malik and Galloway transfer.  Now rumors of Cupps leaving are surfacing.  MM a toss up maybe between leaving to be a lifetime G league or overseas entry.  Sparks all but has to stay so why would Leal stay at that point?  My $ is on Newton going closer to home.  Injuries and not being able to do what you left home for are difficult on a young man’s mind.  

We seriously could need to fill 10,11, even 12 spots.  It’s going to be 2008 all over again.  Maybe we’ll get 3-5 actual D-1 players who are desperate for more playing time and a check.  The rest?  IU will be paying kids who are walk on, $500,000 to come be a Hoosier for a year or two.  

That doesn’t seem likely. But at this point I can’t say it seems unrealistic either.  

That would be an absolute s***show next year. IU boosters seemed to have warmed up to NIL better than I thought they would. I could see something like that turning people off of the system, and blaming it instead of Woody. 

26 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Woodson is the most incompetent coach IU has had since Davis and he might be worse. The fact that he hadn’t been in communication with McNeeley since he signed is a joke but I can’t say I’m surprised. He’s been really lazy ever since he got the job but @KathywithaC says he’s better than Allen was so I guess he’s the right guy to lead the IU program. 

Allen was chosen without a real search. Then again Woodson's friends made sure he got it this time so I'm not sure that's any better.