Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

Watching AC. Tonsoni is hosting with X's and Joe's and he is visibly livid right now. He's drinking Gumball Head (solid choice) and Jack Daniel's lol. Tonsoni is so freaking over it all and I love it.

Not a fan of either but gotta respect it. I personally enjoy Tequila Ocho, Lula or Gran Centenario. Being a Cinco de Mayo baby might make me biased. 

Well...what an absolute crappy 24 hours it's been. I think the combination of the two events has been the breaking point for me. I'm normally not a "email the board" kinda guy but I felt the need to tonight. Is it going to matter? No. But I am more than happy to let them know how pissed off I am and contribute to their emails flooding up with other pissed off fans. 

I'm always going to be an IU fan. I just am losing the passion that I've had over the last few years. I won't be going to games. I won't be buying merchandise. I probably won't be watching many games either. It's so sad. They're taking advantage of this great fan base (By the way what a crock of **** that the fan base is getting blamed for this.) BTown Banners is awesome and I plan on coming on to complain with most of you. I hope there is a day when Indiana is back on top. I'm sure afraid we are headed for another 2008-2011 type of seasons. 

5 hours ago, HoosierMatty said:

We have a very passionate fan base. Almost as bad as Kentucky. Now for 20 plus years we have been sold garbage and mediocrity by an insane administration that lives in a separate universe from their fans. They don't care about basketball or winning in a basketball loving state. 

So yeah we have become toxic and they share a lot of blame in that. Just think if UK had an administration like ours? Their fans would raided their offices with pitch forks and torches ! 

It's not fair to put it all on us. 

They would've been run out of town with pitchforks and torches, then their office would've been burned with said torches.

Liam was an all in on Indiana. The constant tweets, social media posts. 

Then, his friends go elsewhere. Then he asks for his release from his commitment the day after Indiana leaked Woodson would be back. This is not good folks. This is a terrible look. I don’t see Woodson and staff recovering from this whatsoever. 

If I’m on the Indiana staff, I’m updating my resume and jumping ship as soon as the season is over. 

Then, his friends go elsewhere. Then he asks for his release from his commitment the day after Indiana leaked Woodson would be back. This is not good folks. This is a terrible look. I don’t see Woodson and staff recovering from this whatsoever. 

If I’m on the Indiana staff, I’m updating my resume and jumping ship as soon as the season is over. 
We are not getting that lucky

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ahh CMW and his cigar celebrations post game with his "dudes" regardless of wins or losses, golf, and his laziness when in comes to the time required to recruit not just to get a kid to commit but post commitment as well has hurt IU more than Archie did during his 4 years.  

This decommitment of Liam is on CMW 100%.  Offense sucks, calling out players and not taking accountability, and now we sit here with 0 recruits for 2024 when its due or die for woody AND 2025 isn't necessarily going too hot from a recruiting perspective.  Go ahead and give the guy an advancement and get him out.  More damage will be done to the program with him returning for a single year then restarting now.  

4 hours ago, Trish said:

Maybe Dane Fife knew something within this group on staff well before us casual fans did lol It sure seems like it.

This from the below article from the Daily Hoosier:

There is nothing that stands in the way of success when it comes to recruiting if you are Indiana right now.

Yet here they sit, with no class of 2024 commits.  Something is clearly broken.”

Well that something is Mike Woodson, his staff and the Administration.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-has-no-commits-in-its-2024-class-and-it-shouldnt-be-this-hard/

4 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

They would've been run out of town with pitchforks and torches, then their office would've been burned with said torches.

Let's be honest. The whole city of Lexington would be burnt to the ground form the massive couch bonfire.

28 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Maybe Dane Fife knew something within this group on staff well before us casual fans did lol It sure seems like it.

I admit I've bashed him every time someone would bring him up and ask why he was fired. Now I'm like he was wrong. But he knew absolutely knew . It was a crap show . 

Woke up to this thought - open, X and AW gone.   Gunn and Banks assuredly transfer.  Ware  guaranteed to go pro.  Sounding more and more like Malik and Galloway transfer.  Now rumors of Cupps leaving are surfacing.  MM a toss up maybe between leaving to be a lifetime G league or overseas entry.  Sparks all but has to stay so why would Leal stay at that point?  My $ is on Newton going closer to home.  Injuries and not being able to do what you left home for are difficult on a young man’s mind.  

We seriously could need to fill 10,11, even 12 spots.  It’s going to be 2008 all over again.  Maybe we’ll get 3-5 actual D-1 players who are desperate for more playing time and a check.  The rest?  IU will be paying kids who are walk on, $500,000 to come be a Hoosier for a year or two.