Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Your sole recruit decommitting 24 hours after your coach gets the vote of confidence is just horrible optics. Watch them say the fan reaction to the Woody announcement was what did it lol.  

Well, according to the current narrative, we are toxic.

Your sole recruit decommitting 24 hours after your coach gets the vote of confidence is just horrible optics. Watch them say the fan reaction to the Woody announcement was what did it lol.  

If there is anywhere I can place a long odds bet on Woody announcing his retirement at the MSU game, I would put $10 on it right now just for craps and cackles. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oopsie.  Well if I was supposed to see that wine bottle, that wine bottle had to come to me.

I wonder if Liam came to Woody to decommit or if he did it by Zoom. 

Equally as important, I wonder if Woody remembered his name. 

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

If there is anywhere I can place a long odds bet on Woody announcing his retirement at the MSU game, I would put $10 on it right now just for craps and cackles. 

I just can’t see that at all. If he was going to retire they’d announce it beforehand so he could get the send off he thinks he deserves. Now that our only recruit just bounced he’s just going to get boos. 

Wonder if anyone with a say is having second thoughts about last night’s vote of confidence given the McNeeley shocker.
No reason to believe they know ball enough to get it, alas. But the narrow but interesting path to being okay next year just about dried up.
Seems like the plan could’ve waited, even if the goal was to get ahead of portal concerns, there was no need for the timing we got.
Iu’s gonna have a miserable roster next year and a Dusty May presser in April 2025.
Dusty will be busy building his new power 5 school that didn't waste time on a lame duck 85 going on 66 year old coach that can't be bothered to do his job.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I just can’t see that at all. If he was going to retire they’d announce it beforehand so he could get the send off he thinks he deserves. Now that our only recruit just bounced he’s just going to get boos. 

That's because my QAnon style manifesto is being suppressed by Buckner and his evil regime. 

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yeah, the conversation with Woodson went something like this:

Liam: Coach, I am decommitting and want a release from my NLI.

Woodson: That's too bad. Tell ya what... we will release you if you blame this on "the toxic fanbase".

I was thinking like this:

Liam: Coach, I am decommitting and want a release from my NLI.

Woodson: Sorry, I don't recognize this number. Who is this?

Liam: Liam McNeeley. You're only recruit next year.

Woodson: I see. Well, Lucas, we'll be sad to see you go, son. We thought you would do a great job of feeding the post.

22 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Well this unfortunate turn of events certainly could impact my over/under of 600 pages by midnight tomorrow 

should keep chugging along tonight and early tomorrow morning should get another bump with people living under rocks finally getting the news that the unthinkable has happened.

probably a lull sets in around noon as the bleak reality takes root.

I’m going to stick with over 600 pages with an evening onslaught of posts, fueled by heavy and widespread day drinking.

Boom!

And 2+ hours to spare. I knew BTB wouldn’t let me down

Just saw this on the Liam Decommit thread:

Heard someone say he made up his mind long ago to decommit.  Was waiting to see if Woody would be fired first as that would be the easy way out.  Makes sense.

That might answer the questions about the timing of Woodson coming back next year and Liam's announcement.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I guess not if the rumors are true that our coaching staff hasn’t spoken to him since he committed 

This has got to be one of the worst and poorly handled coaching staff in IU history. This type of easily avoidable situation is careless and absolutely unacceptable in college coaching. This lack of responsibility should be grounds for termination.