Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

On the bright side, when things crash and burn (further) next season we'll be able to hand out an overwhelming amount of I-told-you-so to a select few here. Well, if they don't disappear akin to the way they did during the prior 48 hours. 

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Don't go anywhere, we are all in this together. You are a big part of why this board is by far the best discourse on IU sports and I have been on all of them. 

I second this!  Chris does a great job here.  He is one of the major reasons I check in here.  Keep up the good work! 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Once again I feel like I have to share this every couple of years. I have never said I'm an insider, I've never said anyone should believe anything I say, I've never pushed anything I've heard as fact. I've never said you need to read anything I write or hear. All I have ever said is I will always share what I hear. If the mods want me to stop doing that I'm fine with that.

I didn't show up yesterday with an agenda. I've been here for many years. If you feel the need to take your shots at me, go for it, I'm a big boy. As someone told me yesterday I should disappear and come back with a different name. But I enjoy this board and the many friends I have made over the last 10 years. 

I have zero issues with the info you share, and I'm glad you do.  I believe I can think objectively and pragmatically, so I don't take rumors as certainty.  Honestly, I think the gullible ones are those who lashed out last evening (JMO).

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Poor reading comprehension isn't your fault, Chris. Appreciate the info and, more importantly, good vibes you have brought to the board over the years.

Your thick skin is something to be admired.

Thanks I appreciate you mods. Football is right around the corner

27 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

It was “more than it was”, which is what I was trying to communicate when I came here yesterday. It wasn’t nothing, though. There are people who are increasingly concerned with the direction of the program, but there wasn’t nearly enough concern to make a move. That said, I can’t envision a scenario where the expectation for Year 4 isn’t make or break for Woody. He is very well liked, but Dolson wants to win. Not saying others don’t want to win too, but Scott wants to be happier with the direction of the program than he is now.

Then Dolson needs to resign, because he's around people that would rather take care of their friend even if it's to the detriment of the program. Which tells me next year isn't make or break, they'll let Woodson stay until he decides he's had enough.

6 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Remember all those photos of RMK at practice after Woodson was hired? I have always wondered what he was thinking while he watched. What he and Woodson talked about after those practices? I know RMK's health was failing so there might have not been many thoughts or ideas exchanged but it still makes me wonder. Are they organized practices? Is there correction and teaching going on? Or are they just out shooting half court shots and laughing and talking with the latest celebrity that is a guest at practice? Oh well ... portal excitement in 12 days, game day B1G tourney excitement next week .... and I almost forgot ... Sunday's Senior Day. MSU is beatable, especially at home ... but if IU is off their game by halftime how loud will the boo birds be as Woodson walks off the court.

Halfway through Woodson's interview last night you could tell he had been feeling pressure. He hasn't felt half of it when it comes to next year. When I think of 2024-2025, I don't care what roster he makes up, I keep getting flashback to last year of Mike Davis.

I do believe RMK would have a similar feeling about facing a Woodson team as he did a Dale Brown team. lol

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Very well-liked by who? Since you have access we don't, why don't you do a poll of all head coaches in the athletic department and see how well-liked he is? 

I didn't take what she said to be that he is well like by those who are his peers.  Instead, I took it to mean he is well liked among those who make the final decisions.

Twitter has some of the most delusional iu fans I have ever seen in my life. Now because we beat three bad teams they are doing cartwheels and are convinced everyone except ware is returning. They think Woodson will kill it in the portal and have a top 20 team. They are 100% convinced mm and trey are both coming back.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Would you say there’s still a chance that at the end of this season Woodson announces that he is stepping down and retiring and that announcement that he’ll be back next year just kinda helps the narrative that he’s leaving on his own terms? Or does this announcement that he’ll be back mean that we are for sure going to see him as coach for next season? I guess the reason I ask is just because of the timing of it and no actual quotes from Dolson or administration about it. Maybe it’s a matter of no quotes from them needed because they plan all along was that Woodson had a 4th year..

Thank you! 

I see you're still in the denial stage of grief. Don't worry, it'll get better and we'll help you through.

No, Woodson will not resign. He'll be back.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Twitter has some of the most delusional iu fans I have ever seen in my life. Now because we beat three bad teams they are doing cartwheels and are convinced everyone except ware is returning. They think Woodson will kill it in the portal and have a top 20 team. They are 100% convinced mm and trey are both coming back.

I don’t know how people feel the energy to still have hope at this point. My last bit of hope died last night with the return announcement. IUBB sucks and will always suck because the people in charge are fine with sucking. 

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Very well-liked by who? Since you have access we don't, why don't you do a poll of all head coaches in the athletic department and see how well-liked he is? 

Other head coaches don't like him? Is that what you're implying?

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Twitter is truly is another world...I stay away as much as possible. 

I do wonder now though how much the "everyone is leaving if Woodson is back" rumors were true. The team we have seen the last couple games, and especially last night, didn't seem like one that has checked out with each other or their coach. If anything, they looked more together last night than they have all year. 

I think we will most likely see transfers from a couple not seeing the floor (Gunn, Banks), but I guess if anything I remain hopeful that we can retain reneau, mgbako and cupps, bring in Mcneeley and try to build around that in the portal. I just want a fun year of college basketball darnit. 

At the end of a season already in the toilet. Your apparent acceptance of mediocrity is a microcosm of why we are what we are. Coming here to gloat over a team that’s a couple games over .500 by beating bad teams is laughable. 
We haven't beaten one good team all year. Every team we have beaten in the big ten has a losing record except 10-9 iowa.

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I see you're still in the denial stage of grief. Don't worry, it'll get better and we'll help you through.

No, Woodson will not resign. He'll be back.

Yes I am, lol My brain wants it to be true because I want him gone so bad. I’ll get there haha 

18 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, you're saying CMW has consistently had his teams playing their best ball at the end of the season.

Something you couldn't say about either Archie or Crean

Could say that in 2016 about Crean, but not with the Zeller teams. 

And if I remember correctly, could say that in a big way about the Archie Covid-year team, but not with his other three years at all.

I lurk a lot of other boards and the general consensus is joy amongst our rivals. Purdue people are doing cartwheels since they will own recruiting in Indiana for the next 3-4 years because of it. Let that sink in.
Purdue is the king of bbal in indiana now. I would be gloating also .