Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, IndyHoops said:

If this happens, this might be the end for me. Been a fan since I was a kid in the early 80s. Just have better things to do….

Likewise... been watching games since the '60s... Jimmy Rayl, the Van Arsdales, Jon McGlocklin, et al... and where we are now is the worst that I've seen...

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I have to believe Dolson knows how dire the future looks. He did with football, how could he not with basketball?

And of course the current plan is "Woodson gets another year." This will always be the plan until they announce different. Just like the plan was to bring Archie back for year 5, until it wasn't. 

The big difference here, apparently, is Buckner... I've said repeatedly that Buckner is (the only reason) why Woodson might be back next season... but I am sincerely interested in knowing just how true the Buckner connection is...

Dolson did not have the BoT chair lobbying to retain his friend, Tom Allen... so is it really true that Buckner is protecting Woodson? And if so, to what end?

45 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/28jZzoja14PdvvqJ8

I found where NWG played basketball. Wish I knew how to actually post the meme.

PsBattle: Philippines basketball player : r/photoshopbattlesNWG shows how to do it.

One has to post a comment that is 2,000 words long.  But could have been summarized to 10 words.

2 hours ago, tyappleg said:

Trilly is very plugged in.  Obviously he or his sources could and have gotten some things wrong, but anybody who says he isn't plugged in is living in a different reality than this one. 

I appreciate the response, but it really doesn't answer the question about how often his info has been accurate.

Why do we feel like woody is back today? Because of the field of 68 article? Something else? 
There has always been those on here who are dead set iu will give him another year. Chris said as of now that is the plan for a 4th year.
If you look at it though with common sense Woodson is clearly out imo. This isn't just a bad season. This is a terrible season with all the same problems we have had since he has been here. However I do believe if he had a good recruiting class coming in I think he would get a year 4. He doesn't though! Fans in attendance are already angry. It's also clear he don't have the drive to fix our issues. He unfortunately also obviously lacks the ability to command the very best out of the kids on a consistent basis. He also says he blames himself but he don't miss shots or whatever. I am sure Dolson and everyone who knows anything about basketball realizes it's the coaches job to get kids to make the shots. If it's mental that is on Woodson. If it's mechanics that's also his problem. Whens the last time one of the legendary coaches said they stink because their kids can't make shots? Not one game but a entire season! All this means Woodson is history. And nobody come at me with this quin crap lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Too bad we can't pull an Ohio State football and hire Dusty May as an assistant lol. It'll take fans being very vocal in public that they want Woody to step down for him to get it through his thick skull. As of now, he basically believes there aren't any major problems and that he's the only candidate who can help Indiana basketball. And I don't think fans really have that kind of vicious attitude, and Woody is incredibly lucky we are pretty calm outside of the Internet.

I've said this is the past as well. They want to get back to there, they just won't do what it takes or are handcuffed by morons like Quinn Buckner. They want the end result without investing in what they need to to get there. If you want to play with the big boys, you need to act like one. Our admin has no balls. Way too conservative.

Woody never had the credentials so why on earth was he even in consideration yet alone hired? 

If they really want to pove to everyone once and for all they are not a serious program they will bring him back.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

There has always been those on here who are dead set iu will give him another year. Chris said as of now that is the plan for a 4th year.
If you look at it though with common sense Woodson is clearly out imo. This isn't just a bad season. This is a terrible season with all the same problems we have had since he has been here. However I do believe if he had a good recruiting class coming in I think he would get a year 4. He doesn't though! Fans in attendance are already angry. It's also clear he don't have the drive to fix our issues. He unfortunately also obviously lacks the ability to command the very best out of the kids on a consistent basis. He also says he blames himself but he don't miss shots or whatever. I am sure Dolson and everyone who knows anything about basketball realizes it's the coaches job to get kids to make the shots. If it's mental that is on Woodson. If it's mechanics that's also his problem. Whens the last time one of the legendary coaches said they stink because their kids can't make shots? Not one game but a entire season! All this means Woodson is history. And nobody come at me with this quin crap lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

This is why it isn't just the record that has people wanting Woodson gone. It's that we're seeing the same problems over and over again, year after year. It's either how he wants them to play (problems included), he doesn't know how to fix them, or he can't coach his players well enough to not do them. Probably a combination of all 3.

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

In a perfect world Woodson is only back if everyone else tells you no. The way this season is finishing, the recruiting class coming in, 2025, they can't look themselves in the mirror and see that the program is going anywhere but a free fall into oblivion. There is literally zero momentum or anything to be excited about going into next year barring a late season run which is improbable. You are one correct hire away from turning the program around DAY 1 if they say yes.

Yes, and given that CMW was projected to only coach for 5 years or so, there's really no way to build the program for whomever was to succeed him after that time.  We have Reneau, Cupps plus whatever can be salvaged from our bench (perhaps Newton), and one incoming recruit - that's NOT a foundation

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The big difference here, apparently, is Buckner... I've said repeatedly that Buckner is (the only reason) why Woodson might be back next season... but I am sincerely interested in knowing just how true the Buckner connection is...

Dolson did not have the BoT chair lobbying to retain his friend, Tom Allen... so is it really true that Buckner is protecting Woodson? And if so, to what end?

If I remember correctly Buckner was one of the conduits to Brad Stevens. NBA connections. @Chris007 would probably know if true or not. But if he was, maybe he has doubts we can land one of the big fish.