Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

firecoachwoodsonthread

Maybe the players now know Woodson is going to “retire” after the season and are just in the middle of trying to send him out on a high note. Maybe player meeting with Dolson was letting them know what was going on and saying hey if anyone is thinking about leaving, just hold up and see what we end up doing here before you make a decision.

Just seems weird how we went on a streak of them seeming like they don’t give a crap to now this the last couple games. 

I obviously have no idea if this is the case or not, but just something I thought of. 

Maybe the players now know Woodson is going to “retire” after the season and are just in the middle of trying to send him out on a high note. Maybe player meeting with Dolson was letting them know what was going on and saying hey if anyone is thinking about leaving, just hold up and see what we end up doing here before you make a decision.

Just seems weird how we went on a streak of them seeming like they don’t give a crap to now this the last couple games. 

I obviously have no idea if this is the case or not, but just something I thought of. 

I wish that was the case, but that would make to much sense. And making sense is not something this administration does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

This performance shouldn’t be any acknowledgment of a continuation for Woodson. Neither one of these teams is worth a damn.

Shouldn't but I think you're giving the IU administration too much credit. Making the tournament should be a minimum expectation and they gave him a raise for it. 

7 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Alternatively it dovetails with getting X back which was always his reasoning. If you’re a Woody backer this season was just bad luck like any coach has suffered.

I would put the odds of him getting a 5th at about 50/50 at this point. 

[mention=7005]Chris007[/mention] please share your news so we can all calm back down…

Well after this game, woody just got a 4th year. Which is probably not what he was going to share haha

Well he new coach talk was fun for a week. No back to reality. We will continue to suck for years to come. But at least I now know expectations going forward should be very very low.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Alternatively it dovetails with getting X back which was always his reasoning. If you’re a Woody backer this season was just bad luck like any coach has suffered.

I would put the odds of him getting a 5th at about 50/50 at this point. 
**** he may get a sixth year. I think we are stuck with him now

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Well he new coach talk was fun for a week. No back to reality. We will continue to suck for years to come. But at least I now know expectations going forward should be very very low.

Honestly Horns, it might be healthy for you if all the talk died down for a bit. I fear for your well-being.

He’s getting another offseason raise and a lifetime contract

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Hey, it’ll be just in time to give Bruce Pearl an unfireable 10yr/$100mil contract for his retirement tour and finally cement us as the modern day San Francisco of cbb!   

(kidding….i think)

Nice W, happy for the players. I don’t think this moves the needle much, Maryland is an absolute mess. Beat Sparty and win a couple in the BTT and the conversation probably changes. This doesn’t change the fact that next year is going to be a total rebuild. Woody wasn’t hired to do a whole rebuild and shouldn’t be allowed to try in year 4. I don’t think a few inspired games by the team changes that. Just my opinion 

Honestly Horns, it might be healthy for you if all the talk died down for a bit. I fear for your well-being.
Lol my health is just fine dude. I have more in life than iu hoops I had just hoped we could once get a real coach but some things are not meant to be. Oh well we have the women going forward to root for.