Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

3 hours ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Lmao 

Jim Coyle - "Speaking of Woody he talked about not having XJ and how that is the difference between them being great and what they are"

Bob Kravitz - "Is he high?"

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Woodson might be senile if he believes that.

Think there’s a narrow case that this is a low-seeded tourney team with perfect health this year. But the problem, to me, is it probably could be that without X with better decision-making in the offseason and scheme.

Also makes me wonder if last year could’ve ended differently if X came back healthy for the stretch run, moved on, and they just grabbed a different guard in his spot this offseason.

But the big problem with Woody bemoaning X’s absence is even with him, the team still wouldn’t be close to his consistently stated goals of competing for conference and national titles.

3 minutes ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

How did the same person hire Curt Cignetti and Mike Woodson?

The part I don't understand with some people is everyone was ecstatic with the Cignetti hire but some of those same people are saying Bruce Pearl is too old. They are only like a year apart in age.

1 minute ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

How did the same person hire Curt Cignetti and Mike Woodson?

This was my latest comparison a few days ago. I think and as of right now, Dolson hit a HR/grand slam, hiring Cignetti. 

I’m sure he thinking, “I know how to do this for the bb program…..How can I get it done?”

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Mine leaves Sunday an hour before tipoff for a 4-day conference. I got in trouble for counting down the days this morning

You are not going to make it to work on Monday.  If you do you'll wish you hadn't.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So leading a recruit to say another program is giving them something against the rules is legal now?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

It wasn’t against the rules or ‘illegal’ then.  Unethical and against the rules are two different things.  And no one can force a recruit to say anything they don’t want to.

anyway, I was speaking in generalities.  Everything that Illinois was accused of doing to get Thomas then can be accomplished within the rules now.

If the assembly call guys are to be believed Woodson did not utilize or seek out any knowledge from Matta when he was here. So the whole argument of getting new assistants means nothing. He isn't going to listen to anyone except his nba buddies who were all horrible coaches.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rambling from an Old Fart.  Maybe, just maybe, a change will happen but a new coach wouldn't be announced until his season officially ended later this month.  In the interim, if you announce today Woody is out, every bit of your '25 recruiting is immediately dead in the water.  Walsh, Ya and Hunter have no standing with recruits because they don't know what their future is.  Maybe (hopefully) Woody was told to get his a$$ on the road so at least there was some semblance of IU recruiting activity purely to bridge a gap.

It also silences the noise around the speculation of who our next HC would be. Say the rumors are true that we are targeting Bruce Pearl, if Dolson announces that Woody is gone at the end of the year, then the rumors would get out of control and may be a huge distraction for the rest of Auburn's season or whoever we may be targeting. By Dolson saying the plan is to bring Woodson back, it allows him to back channel coaches and negotiate contracts discreetly. To me, this is was it currently going on now. 

3 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Does Woodson stay or leave at the half to hit up the early bird special 

I need to take him to dinner but I don't have tickets to tonight's game.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Sam sent me their podcast with him on it and I will say after watching it you can tell Bob & Mike are very intelligent men. I always loved following IUphilly on Peegs because all of his stuff is math-based. It's hard to argue with numbers

That is a great podcast. I haven't seen the one with Sam yet

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So leading a recruit to say another program is giving them something against the rules is legal now?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Imagine if you were recruiting this top 10 recruit and by all accounts he was leaning your way.  Then suddenly he is a heavy lean to your opponent. One who even RMK hinted was not following the same rules. They may not have been as bad as KY but they were another level. So back to the recruit you worked your butt off to get. When you find out that the other team is offering cash and a car, extreme violations, I can see how you might be inclined to say enough and try to do something about it. 

I am sure if he could have gotten better advice he would have not released the tape but I for one got tired of running a clean program and wished someone would help take down one of these programs. 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Sam sent me their podcast with him on it and I will say after watching it you can tell Bob & Mike are very intelligent men. I always loved following IUphilly on Peegs because all of his stuff is math-based. It's hard to argue with numbers

Which podcast is it 

Trilly updated his Coaching Carousel earlier today.

Mike Woodson (Indiana)

A late addition to this list – after being safe for most of the year the heat is on in Bloomington. Woodson has made the tournament the last two seasons, but finds himself in real jeopardy of not getting a fourth year at IU.

2 hours ago, JF87 said:
  1. Raise last summer
  2. Woodson stating he's not going anywhere
  3. Chris saying as of now, the plan is for Woodson to return
  4. Field of 68 stating no plan to replace Woodson

Those 4 make it easy for a pessimist to assume the worst. 

I get it but I have thought all along you had to let more of the season play out.  I doubt a decision has been made and think Dolson has been leaning towards a decision but does not have enough information to make that.  If he had decided to keep Woody then we will need the vote of confidence thing soon or Woody won’t be able to really add any valuable recruits