Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Didn't Woodson go on vacation two years ago before the state championship also?

It was Woody last year when Booker was playing and Izzo was there watching.  Board was not happy 

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The '73 team (Downing, Abernathy, Crews, Ritter, Green,Buckner, Laskowski, Ahfeld, Bootsie) was pretty good, as well... we got hosed in the first game of the FF against Bill Walton and UCLA... 

Imagine that!  I was 9 and I barely remember that team.  Knight had some really great teams over the years. 

I remember when we got hosed by the refs in the FF4 of the 1992 team.  We had Duke down by double digits at half and I swear we had as big of a lead as 22 points and in the 2nd half, the refs called every ticky tack foul on us and I swear Duke was in the bonus by the 14 minute mark.  I thought we had 2 or 3 starters foul out, but with old age, memory fades and I could be not exactly right but I am sure I’m close

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We have no one at 3 high profile sectional games and 1 whose team has been eliminated.  Now tonight the Great One is going to grace Greenfield-Central with his presence.  Does he even care what the optics look like?  His whole approach to recruiting has been so counter to his hiring statement of wanting a seat at the table.  Apparently what he was referring to was a seat at the local wine bar.

Does Woodson stay or leave at the half to hit up the early bird special 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

It was Woody last year when Booker was playing and Izzo was there watching.  Board was not happy 

If the board wasn’t happy then - and with what has transpired this year - you would have to believe that they would be pissed now.

That’s why in my gut I don’t see any way possible he comes back next year.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

My gut says he doesn't come back

What changed in a day because you said yesterday the plan was for him to be back. Man I go a few hours and come back and there are 9 new pages to read

3 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Believe me, son, you missed the good old days

I was a little young to remember 76 but was front and center for 81 and 87. Also loved the Cheaney years as well

6 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

What changed in a day because you said yesterday the plan was for him to be back. Man I go a few hours and come back and there are 9 new pages to read

Nothing changed for me. I just said yesterday that Dolson is telling people the plan is for him to be back. That's never been my plan :-)

2 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Not too long ago, I re-watched the game with Maryland from the 81 tournament. Total domination..

I’ll never forget the line in the Sports Illustrated article: “after sporting Maryland an 8-0 lead (like Renaldo Nehemiah giving Jackie Gleason a few hurdles head start)”. ROFLMFAO!!

To me the was probably the best game I have seen IU play. Scored 99 points without a shot clock or the 3 pointer

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Nothing changed for me. I just said yesterday that Dolson is telling people the plan is for him to be back. That's never been my plan :-)

I just was wondering you said yesterday you thought he would be back and now you think he won't 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which is why Indiana must lose out. If it wasn't for the kid who pulled the fire alarm the other day (paid by Woodson) Indiana would still be on the losing streak. It's vital that Indiana loses out for any chance of a "Retirement". 

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

To me the was probably the best game I have seen IU play. Scored 99 points without a shot clock or the 3 pointer

I remember MD jumping out to a quick lead and Knight was just totally calm.  Then the Hoosiers just shifted into another gear and never looked back.  I remember a TV camera in Lefty's huddle while they were being smoked and I'm not so sure they didn't have to bleep him.  It was magnificent.

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Which is why Indiana must lose out. If it wasn't for the kid who pulled the fire alarm the other day (paid by Woodson) Indiana would still be on the losing streak. It's vital that Indiana loses out for any chance of a "Retirement". 

Do we know who pulled the fire alarm?

4 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I just was wondering you said yesterday you thought he would be back and now you think he won't 

The athletic department's stance right now is the plan is for Mike Woodson to be back for his 4th year. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I remember MD jumping out to a quick lead and Knight was just totally calm.  Then the Hoosiers just shifted into another gear and never looked back.  I remember a TV camera in Lefty's huddle while they were being smoked and I'm not so sure they didn't have to bleep him.  It was magnificent.

The line about Jackie Gleason in the SI story still makes me laugh to this day.