Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

firecoachwoodsonthread

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

Please basketball gods, let Trilly's source about Pearl be accurate... please 

...or...he's wrong and we end up with Dusty or Schertz and they end up being a fantastic long-term option that is here for 20 years. I'd take that option as well (assuming either panned out as we hope).

13 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

I'm not too sure about that. 70,000 miles puts you at a different level. How's the knees? Riding keeps me sane, you?

Knee surgery is why I'm on a bike and not still pounding pavement.  Doc said keep running and you'll chip more bone and told me to swim or cycle.  I swim like a rock so it was cycling by default.  I still wish I could run but I do enjoy the solitude of a bike ride and the changing of the seasons on country roads.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Trilly did say his source for the text he received is a reliable source close to Pearl so that is something imo. There’s also some people that think Pearl is willing to take whatever amount within reason to get the IU job and that it’s not about money.

Yes I would agree with that. Sometimes you will take the same amount if not slightly more to try for a national championship. 

10 hours ago, cleeter said:

Braylon Mullins did talk to IU assistant Brian Walsh on the phone after his sectional win….phew. All is well now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiting for the announcement about Brian Wash being fired from Woodson's staff

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just a friendly reminder that when the staff does get let go Walsh and his wife usually sell all of their IU stuff on Facebook marketplace. You get good quality items for a cheap price. 

bought some the last time... I'll have it fired up ready to go this time lol 

4 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Or put them in an home white IU uniform and their very own dancing video on TikTok

Now that's funny. Just crazy that we're not out-recruiting these two. Both kids come from IU families and it won't take much to get them to commit but we're not doing anything. Pearl or Shrews or May or anyone would have them coming to IU within two weeks of being hired. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully they're saving them for the next staff.

Do we have limits for visits to things like sectional games?  If so, saving those for the next staff is a great conspiracy theory - which i am a sucker for.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I would agree with that. Sometimes you will take the same amount if not slightly more to try for a national championship. 

His current squad is top 15 in Oe and De on Kenpom. He’s arguably got as good as a squad today as he could reasonably expect at IU in the next 5 years. 

39 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do you think 6 years 51 million gets the job done?

I don’t know if that’s enough to get Pearl to jump, but that number would tell me that this university is taking this program seriously for the first time in decades. I always hear that money is no issue, and that number would be IU acting like it for once. 

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Do we have limits for visits to things like sectional games?  If so, saving those for the next staff is a great conspiracy theory - which i am a sucker for.

I don't know the rules but I think sectionals is just like going to a regular HS game during the season.

As Coach Knight used to say the best time to recruit is right after a big win. Everyone wants to pat you on the back, and talk to you. But not us we celebrate our wins by ourselves

4 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

So now we gotta wonder if Auburn is gonna try to match that number…and maybe Pearl wouldn’t even be interested even if they do. 

May not even be about money. He could go to them and say he wants movement on a basketball only facility, or his son named coach in waiting, etc.

5 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

I don’t know if that’s enough to get Pearl to jump, but that number would tell me that this university is taking this program seriously for the first time in decades. I always hear that money is no issue, and that number would be IU acting like it for once. 

You would think 8.5 per year could entice some bigger names than May or Schertz.