Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Anthony Leal vs Penn State - Saturday, 02.03.24 @ Noon on FS1

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Without Johnson, they would include Galloway, Gunn, Cupps, Walker, and Banks.  Try playing 4 of those and Ware.  This would have possibly made switching on defense more effective and spread the floor on offense.  Not saying this would have won the game, but what we were doing was getting our a$$ kicked.  

Just no.

I was able to be at the game and the best performance by far was the halftime show.  The Firecrackers are so awesome!  

Not much to say about the game itself.  It was just awkward at the Hall today.

Me too. Agreed, Firecrackers rock! IU, not so much….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who has been saying he needs 4 years to get things rolling? Maybe you have examples but I don’t recall anyone posting that.
I have seen people say it on Twitter and another board

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I blame this game on the 12 noon start.  It seems like Woodson’s teams don’t play well in 12 noon starts because they are still asleep!  I don’t think he has them start a practice until 4 pm
Hard to get them over the hump before 1pm

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I was able to be at the game and the best performance by far was the halftime show.  The Firecrackers are so awesome!  

Not much to say about the game itself.  It was just awkward at the Hall today.

How did the crowd react to the poor performance?  I heard people were leaving early but when home crowds start booing regularly the administration notices. 

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

How did the crowd react to the poor performance?  I heard people were leaving early but when home crowds start booing regularly the administration notices. 

People were definitely leaving early - like 6 minutes left in the game early.  There were some boos but nothing excessive.  The student section was quiet overall especially late with many checking out early.  The under 8 timeout was surreal when they do the flags.  Most people were sitting and I have never seen the under 8 timeout that quiet before.  I think as the 2nd half wore on the crowd didn’t know what to do.  Try to cheer to get them going, booing, etc.  It seemed like most just sat in disbelief at what was happening and didn’t know what to do.  It was just really weird.